“great place wonderful innkeepers”

Old Historic Creole Inn
Ranked #30 of 142 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 21, 2013

we stayed at the inn for four night and it was wonderful. the innkeepers Kim and Charlie made our stay great and were soooo helpful in directing us to everything we wanted to see in new Orleans. the accommodation was cozy and clean. I would recommend to anyone heading from Canada to Louisiana. Thanks again Kim and \charlie!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Creole Inn and the Inn Keepers quite a lot. 4 of us shared the Old Europe Two Bedroom Suite and found it quite comfortable. The sitting room and court yard out the back door made the space very livable. The staff, Kim and Charley were wonderful. The building is old and the plumbing and central air conditioning both need to be upgraded, but Kim and Charley bent over backwards to try and fix everything quickly and the house was very clean.
Our only real complaint is that the web site says it offers free parking, this is really not true. There is on street parking that is open to anyone, since we were flying in from the west coast for Mardi Gras that was a problem.

Room Tip: If you are planning on renting a car during a holiday / festival call ahead so they can save you a p...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I went to the Creole Inn for Superbowl week. I found the Inn to be very clean, quaint and within walking distance of the French Quarter.

Kim and Charlie are the Inn keepers and they were so friendly and accommodating. They were even so great as to include me on some excursions that they went on as they knew I was travelling on my own.

I will recommend this Inn to anyone wanting to travel on a budget, may be travelling solo, wanting to stay in a traditional New Orleans home and be made to feel welcome, safe and a part of the fabulous Inn keepers family!

Thank you Kim and Charlie for your Southern style hospitality

Room Tip: the two-bedroom suite on the first floor has a its own door to the back yard.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I tripped onto this fantastic little Inn on Super Bowl weekend. We were staying in a horrifying place across town and were desperate for a room. Kim was able to help us out.

And did she ever! This place is cute and cozy... And a great price! The location is simply amazing. Free street parking. 4 blocks to the French Quarter. We walked everywhere. Quaint little dining establishments nearby. Kim had lots of recommendations and it was enjoyable to hang out with her and Charley.

The rooms are nice and we didn't even hear the other guests. There is free wi-go that extends out to the sweet little courtyard out back where we both relaxed and got some work done, too. The lock/code is a great idea and we felt safe.

They clearly love their job - super accommodating and very friendly. I wanted a hug when we left! We will be back!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Meghan-LV
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The Creole Inn was just what we were looking for!! Laid back style and southern hospitality set the mood for exploring New Orleans during Mardi Gras and the lead in to Superbowl weekend! Kim and Charlie were great hosts. Being so close to so much, especially Frenchmen St, we had a ball hearing so much great music and hanging out with the locals. I can see us returning in the near future!!!

Room Tip: The plantation room was perfect for our needs!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KCsassy1
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I booked the old Europe 2 bedroom room for my trip to New Orleans with my husband in January. While I must say the place was clean and my room was nice. (Well half my room was) In the middle of the night I woke up to someone BREAKING into my room. (Scared the living daylights out of me!) They however had a key, the second bedroom to my room was rented out to someone else (that I did not know) and they had a key to use the bathroom. Nobody ever said anything to me about this being a shared bedroom/bathroom. As a matter of fact, all my paperwork states that I had a two bedroom suite in Old Europe with a private bath that slept 4. There website home page says and i quote, " All Suites in our guest house have a private bathroom so there is no sharing! All double suites have 2 private bedrooms." I put this in here because when I brought this to the attention of the inn keepers with my reservation paperwork they told me that no it was a shared room and shared bathroom. That my reservation paperwork must have been wrong! Then said that the people sharing my room complained we were a little loud. Well excuse me, didn't realize I had a roomate, would have kept the talking and TV down geez! I would have NEVER stayed in a shared room/bathroom! Luckly nothing was stollen as we had a laptop and cash in the room that my unknown roomate had assess to! NEVER EVER AGAIN! We weren't looking for a fancy hotel or bed and breakfast that waited on us hand and foot but we did expect privacy and never expected all this!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Terri750
CreoleInn, General Manager at Old Historic Creole Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

We are glad we get to explain the truth behind these guests. The 2 guests in this room were arguing very loud with each other. So the guest in the room directly above this room called the staff at 1215 am in the morning. The staff asked the couple to please quiet down but both were intoxicated. About 1 am in the morning the guest in the room above called the staff again and told the staff the couple were arguing again. So the staff went to the couple's room again and asked that they have respect for the other guests and refrain from the loud arguing. This time the male in the room threatened the staff. However this time they settled down. The guest who was disturbed in the room above was given a free night due to this incident and we apologized to them. The review this guest posted is complete slander for being confronted for being disrespectful to other guests. The review is completely untrue. The guest in the room above who was distured is available if anyone has any questions. The guest has traveled back to Ontario. We are military owners and would never allow anyone in this couple's room.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful November stay at the Creole Inn. Kim and Charley are the relatives we never knew we had! They are just good down to earth folk who make your stay in the "Big Easy" nice and easy. We will stay at the Creole Inn in every time we visit New Orleans.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple