“Fantastic! Location, safety, innkeeper - all if it!”

Old Historic Creole Inn
Ranked #30 of 138 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Niceville, Florida
“Fantastic! Location, safety, innkeeper - all if it!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I tripped onto this fantastic little Inn on Super Bowl weekend. We were staying in a horrifying place across town and were desperate for a room. Kim was able to help us out.

And did she ever! This place is cute and cozy... And a great price! The location is simply amazing. Free street parking. 4 blocks to the French Quarter. We walked everywhere. Quaint little dining establishments nearby. Kim had lots of recommendations and it was enjoyable to hang out with her and Charley.

The rooms are nice and we didn't even hear the other guests. There is free wi-go that extends out to the sweet little courtyard out back where we both relaxed and got some work done, too. The lock/code is a great idea and we felt safe.

They clearly love their job - super accommodating and very friendly. I wanted a hug when we left! We will be back!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Meghan-LV

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The Creole Inn was just what we were looking for!! Laid back style and southern hospitality set the mood for exploring New Orleans during Mardi Gras and the lead in to Superbowl weekend! Kim and Charlie were great hosts. Being so close to so much, especially Frenchmen St, we had a ball hearing so much great music and hanging out with the locals. I can see us returning in the near future!!!

Room Tip: The plantation room was perfect for our needs!!
1 Thank KCsassy1
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I booked the old Europe 2 bedroom room for my trip to New Orleans with my husband in January. While I must say the place was clean and my room was nice. (Well half my room was) In the middle of the night I woke up to someone BREAKING into my room. (Scared the living daylights out of me!) They however had a key, the second bedroom to my room was rented out to someone else (that I did not know) and they had a key to use the bathroom. Nobody ever said anything to me about this being a shared bedroom/bathroom. As a matter of fact, all my paperwork states that I had a two bedroom suite in Old Europe with a private bath that slept 4. There website home page says and i quote, " All Suites in our guest house have a private bathroom so there is no sharing! All double suites have 2 private bedrooms." I put this in here because when I brought this to the attention of the inn keepers with my reservation paperwork they told me that no it was a shared room and shared bathroom. That my reservation paperwork must have been wrong! Then said that the people sharing my room complained we were a little loud. Well excuse me, didn't realize I had a roomate, would have kept the talking and TV down geez! I would have NEVER stayed in a shared room/bathroom! Luckly nothing was stollen as we had a laptop and cash in the room that my unknown roomate had assess to! NEVER EVER AGAIN! We weren't looking for a fancy hotel or bed and breakfast that waited on us hand and foot but we did expect privacy and never expected all this!

3 Thank Terri750
CreoleInn, General Manager at Old Historic Creole Inn, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
We are glad we get to explain the truth behind these guests. The 2 guests in this room were arguing very loud with each other. So the guest in the room directly above this room called the staff at 1215 am in the morning. The staff asked the couple to please quiet down but both were intoxicated. About 1 am in the morning the guest in the room above called the staff again and told the staff the couple were arguing again. So the staff went to the couple's room again and asked that they have respect for the other guests and refrain from the loud arguing. This time the male in the room threatened the staff. However this time they settled down. The guest who was disturbed in the room above was given a free night due to this incident and we apologized to them. The review this guest posted is complete slander for being confronted for being disrespectful to other guests. The review is completely untrue. The guest in the room above who was distured is available if anyone has any questions. The guest has traveled back to Ontario. We are military owners and would never allow anyone in this couple's room.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful November stay at the Creole Inn. Kim and Charley are the relatives we never knew we had! They are just good down to earth folk who make your stay in the "Big Easy" nice and easy. We will stay at the Creole Inn in every time we visit New Orleans.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Oxford, Ohio
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed at the Creole Inn for our January honeymoon. We were in the Old Europe bedroom, which was charming. Kim and Charlie were very helpful, and friendly. The Inn itself is situated in a very safe neighborhood and only a few blocks away from Frenchmen St. which had a lot of local bars. Walked all over town and always felt safe walking back to the Inn. We will definitely stay with Kim and Charlie again.

Room Tip: Old Europe has access to the courtyard, which can be a good or bad thing. You can easily slip out f...
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed here over new year, walked everywhere we wanted to go as the location is so convenient. Good room, great location, Kim and Charley were very helpful. Close to Frenchman street and music venues.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank nightingale59
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in old Europe, the room was very beautiful , the home it self was beautiful and has a warm feeling, the inn keepers are friendly make you feel like family the place is very well maintained by Charlie and Kim . I would come back over and over.

• Stayed December 2012