OHCI (Old Historic Creole Inn) was a great find in a wonderful city. Gayl is the heart of the place and a wonderful innkeeper. She was helpful, friendly and knowledgeable about the area. If you are looking for a great price for a wonderful place read no further. This place is that. Clean, comfortable, and worth every penny. We came with a group of 24 other friends. Luckily for us the inn they chose was booked. It was my sister and I and as much as I love her I cannot sleep in the same bed with her. In the Sweet Dreams room we each had our own space...GLORIOUS! My bed was great, front room with the king. My sister said she thought the wrong sheets had been used for her bed and they wouldn't stay on but a minor issue. She was so tired it didn't really bother her. The place our friends stayed was twice the price for a tiny bit larger room. Seriously, we paid $160 I think for two nights, their place (the Bananna Courtyard ~) was $150 a night :) :) :) :)
To be a real critique of the place I must include the good with the bad right? I gave it 4 stars because I only read the 4 and 3 reviews myself.
1. This place was perfect for us. We are not picky and every inch was very clean, mold free and pleasent.
2. Gayl was great. Very helpful and she is on duty 12 hours a day
3. Two bedrooms was really the best part of the place but you already know that.
4. the price was the second best part
~ In the middle was the location. Again you would pay a lot more for a closer and smaller location so I won't complain but it was a LONG walk to the Quarter. Luckily our friends picked Feeling restaurant on their own and we just skipped over there. Great food and the staff was wonderful for a drunk loud crowd of 22 rowdies.
One thing I thought would be a pain but really wasn't was the noise. The top of the door has a vent to the hallway and being an older home there is also an inch or so from the floor to the door at the bottom. I was expecting little sleep due to the noise from the hallway because I am the world's lighest sleeper but I was shocked I only heard folks coming in one night and a little rattle of coffee cups one morning.
I would appreciate some better curtains on the windows and my sister and I both mentioned that to each other. Our room faced the sun so by 5am the sun was bright and right in your eyes. There are some shades but not really enough.
Things I wish could change but most likely are not possible.
1. Shower pressure was next to nothing if someone else was using it at the same time..hey, it is an older building but with 8-10 other folks in the building chances are you are going to be using it the same time as another. We might have never known because the first shower was fine but #2 and #3 took forever because it was a small trickle of water. Half of me wants to delete this comment because it is such a small thing but I need to make an honest review and this did bug me.
2. WOW! That is really all I can think of.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and HostelWorld so you can book your Old Historic Creole Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Historic Creole Hotel New Orleans