“Comfortable--if not clean--place to escape the rain.”
Review of Fahy's Irish Pub

Fahy's Irish Pub
Ranked #109 of 241 Nightlife in New Orleans
Reviewed March 16, 2012

We ducked in Fahy's after our cemetery tour because an afternoon thunderstorm began. It was a nice place to hang out while the rain passed over. What was especially nice is that they have cider and could make the draft snakebite I enjoy. They have two pool tables and that was fun. The bartender even pleased my friend when she asked for "something wonderful with vodka." She seemed to enjoy the challenge, and did indeed make her a wonderful--and new to us--vodka drink. The place could use a good power scrubbing, though.

1  Thank bohemian81

Reviewed January 17, 2012

The guy bartender was disappointed with the dollar tip for pouring one drink...had a lot to say while my back was turned walking out the door. Needless to say I think their dog got served faster than we did! Overall the spot is a flat out dump...offers nothing to the New Orleans experience.

1  Thank dalebrd
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Friendly neighborhood place. Our hotel bar closed early, so we made Fahy's a nightly stop.

Reviewed November 8, 2011

Just a block down from our hotel we stopped in a few times over the week we were here and its was a great rest - the staff and locals were very friendly and informative and made us feel very welcome, I would recommend this place every time!!

See more reviews
Reviewed May 2, 2010

Just got back from Jazzfest and we were looking forward to revisiting Fahy's - one of our favorite local spots. My husband and I went in and ordered some drinks. we ended up moving spots (2 seats down). We needed to pay for our drinks so grabbed the attention of the bartender. Upon doing so the woman bartender (this was a Friday night and she had long hair) starting screaming at us for waving to her. I thought all we wanted to do was pay for our drinks. Needless to say we left and will not be returning. We were saddened by this as this use to be a favorite hang out.