Review Highlights

MauiWorldTravelers
Kahului, Hawaii
via mobile
Great atmosphere

Great servers, music and dancing. We love the gay district and the great clubs/bars on bourbon... read more

Reviewed July 3, 2018

from $25.00
from $30.00
from $50.00
More Info
All reviews drag show end of bourbon street great drinks people watching great music lots of fun nola blast stage
Selected filters
Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

We had an absolutely blast at karaoke. It will be one of the most memorable moments of our trip! We even saw our pal Eddie the next day out and about in NOLA. The MC was amazing and all of the staff and people were super nice and welcoming. Great times!!!

Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I started our day going down bourbon street. Our goal was to hit a couple of bars and drink whatever they were famous for since we were here on vacation. We waltzed in to this pub (which was only the second one of the day) because it looked lively and fun. We sat at the bar and when the bartender came by, we asked to have the drink they are know for. He replied “water”. We laughed thinking he was joking, and he then again said “nope just water”. We were appalled that all he was going to give us was water. So I said fine, we will take 2 waters and left. We knew it was a gay bar, but hell, we are from California and we don’t care, but we felt that we weren’t served because we WERENT gay. So rude!! Don’t recommend

1  Thank Kristy H
Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

I took 3 friends to New Orleans for Southern Decadence and in our preparation for a great weekend we purchased VIP passes from the bourbon pub/parade. One of the perks was drink specials and another was access to the balcony (balconies are a prime location in New Orleans).
The drinks were jacked up from $5 to $12! And Saturday as everyone was excited about the concert on the street below, they filled the balcony for a great spot to see the performers. Many had been there several hours, buying the expensive drinks but having a good time.
Just before the concert began, a group of the owners security minions came on the balcony and started shoving everyone near the corner of the balcony (THE BEST viewing spot) and telling them to come the area, they were roping the area of for the owner and her friends! She had reserved it for her "privilege of ownership". Yet she didn't have the backbone to have it reserved prior to the concert because the money hungry coward wanted people to buy her liquor, her passes and to believe her lies that they could use the area.
The pub/parade owner and management are ungrateful, they are liars, their advertising is misleading and they care noting about their customers AT ALL.
A once great bar has been driven into nothing but a money machine.
Do yourself a favor and patronize the other, real New Orleans bars. There's no cover charge at many of them, they have balconies, they are friendly and they appreciate your business.
AVOID THE BOURBON PUB!

1  Thank jparvinal
Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

Had we been in NOLA years ago, I would’ve hit up this place along with their surrounding counterparts more than once as I used to love nightlife/clubbing back in my younger days.  Nowadays, I hate crowds and cover charges.  Lucky for me, it was a Thursday night so both of my excuses for not going were non-existent.

ATMOSPHERE:
It’s a two level establishment located at the end of Bourbon Street’s “fun section”, meaning the crowds and cluster of businesses are much thinner.

The first level is open-air and where the majority of the people congregated around the large central bar. Talk about a flashback, they have a cigarette vending machine. Music was a mix of pop/dance.

The second level is air conditioned and sports a stage where karaoke was taking place. A wrap around balcony with high tops offers great views of Bourbon Street and people watching.

This was a Thursday night so crowds were minimal, perfect to me. We hung out on the second floor and watched some karaoke but I preferred the balcony.

BEVERAGE:
Our tab included Vodka Cranberry & Grey Goose Martini for a total of just $13.25. That’s what I’m talking about! Drinks don’t need to be overpriced.

SERVICE:
The male bartender on the second floor was friendly and a good mixologist.

COVER CHARGE:
There was no cover on Thursday. Come Friday & Saturday there was one which I think was $10.

TIP:
I love that you can take your drink to go!

OVERALL:
Fun and friendly bar with affordable drink prices.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

Great music great people AMAZING staff....wanna just have a drink and a good time then the Bourbon Pub/Parade is where ya wanna go.

Date of experience: August 2018