Review Highlights
Relaxed Fun

Had we been in NOLA years ago, I would’ve hit up this place along with their surrounding... read more

Reviewed August 16, 2018
MauiWorldTravelers
Kahului, Hawaii
via mobile
Fun pub!

If you are in the quarter, be sure to stop in for a drink at The Bourbon Pub Parade. We stopped in... read more

Reviewed January 22, 2019

from $25.00
from $30.00
from $50.00
More Info
All reviews drag show end of bourbon street great drinks people watching great music lots of fun nola blast stage
Selected filters
Reviewed April 14, 2018 via mobile

I used to live in New Orleans from 2009-2011. In that time, I met a bunch of great friends and was at the Bourbon Pub quite often. The drinks were great, it was always packed, and rarely was there ever a cover. You were always bound to meet someone new, you never felt like it wasn’t the place to be, and even after a trying day—it was somewhere you could go to unwind and feel loved.

So, naturally—when work brought me down here now that I live in Atlanta, I was excited to go back. Even after all my local friends said the new owners had changed things dramatically—and not in a good way, I thought to myself, “Surely it cant have gotten that bad.” Boy was I wrong.

From the moment you got there, the doormen guard the 3/4 empty (on a Friday night, mind you) bar like hawks. Giving you the once over with your ID, ordering you not to step past where they tell you to, and charging a cover for a bar that’s mostly empty on bourbon street on a Friday night is NEVER what this was intended to be. Signs up saying “Do not do this” and “One drink minimum to use the restroom” and an overall attitude of negativity and emptiness surrounded the place is what this has turned into.

Getting in and talking with a friend of mine, he assures me that all my local friends were right. They’ve taken to firing and permanently banning former bartenders, the drinks are now measured when they are poured, and there are staff walking around—almost more than the total people in the bar—watching and circling and just making you feel like you are in a in Beirut or Damascus versus New Orleans. None of the other bartenders were friendly, and just overall, this place is a shadow of it’s former self.

I realize things change in life—it’s what it’s all about. But, when you change what was a great place to congregate and make memories into a factory that is about as fun as a Friday night at a funeral home with club music pumping all around. These owners have effectively killed what was a main staple of gay life, sucked the life out of it, and made it into their own restrictive box with walls and alcohol and are living from the proceeds.

As a former local, do yourself a favor and skip over this bar both for yourselves (since you deserve better and almost any other bar will provide a better experience) and for the locals who have to live here and hopefully not going here will no longer make this once great bar a cash cow for out of state owners and they might get the message to sell to someone who knows what running a GREAT bar looks and feels like or to change their ways. Until then, steer clear is my advice.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed March 27, 2018

We came to New Orleans for my best friend's bachelorette weekend. We decided to go to the Saturday night drag show. It was so much fun! There were a lot of other bachelorettes and birthdays attending and they were all called up on stage to dance off. The bartenders were really great and the drinks strong. Our group had a blast that night - would definitely go back again.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed March 5, 2018

Took in the 10:30 p.m. Friday night drag show and it was great! First time for us at this club and we really enjoyed it. Our host, Ivy Dripp, did a great job entertaining us and we absolutely loved her! Performers were outstanding and highly entertaining. Crowd was fun and interactive. The beer wasn't cold enough, but we found that in most places we visited.

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank S B
Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

Worst experience ever. Drag Queen with a chip on her shoulder insulting us at the door treated us so badly. Thank God for the straight bars on Bourbon willing to take our cash and treating us as gay people way better than our own people. Not worth the trouble!

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank Petethesneak
Reviewed January 16, 2018

We met a few friends at this bar. They make great drinks and have great music. Mainly a gay bar but we felt welcomed. I would definitely return.

Date of experience: January 2018