WINNER WONDERLAND
Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Jersey Boys”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

This was our first trip to Mahalia Jackson. Took taxi in rain so drop off was easy. Opening night problems which I guess can be expected: late entry into theater; mike problems; no seat for one of our tickets. In their defense theater personnel did relocate us & we were able to sit together. I do miss the intimacy of the Saenger. Ahhh! for the days. Bathroom situation is terrible. My local performing arts center, much smaller venue has tons more bathrooms. Lines were horrendous! Followed the sign taxi stand to Rampart, but there were no taxis there. Would return for another performance. Thanks for bringing Jersey BOys to the area!

Visited January 2013

New Orleans
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BB K ing concert”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

since it opened, I've wanted to visit. finally BB K ing came back and performed.it was awesome, not as intimate as the House Of Blues, but a little better.

Visited April 2012
New Orleans
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Nice theater”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I've been to several plays and events at this theater and I've enjoyed them all. The seating is comfortable, I especially like the box seats and the acoustics are very good. I always look forward to going to events here. Although, I don't like paying for parking, I guess that is a standard nowadays.

Visited September 2012
Lafayette, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Even the seats in the rafters are ok. No obstructions to seeing the stage and you can hear just fine. Of course, bring your opera glasses if you want to see the expressions on the actors faces, but the acoustics are good. Overall setting is pleasant.

Visited November 2012
Lafayette, LA
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Mahalia Jackson Theater is great venue for live theatre!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We saw the US Tour of Les Miserables at the Mahalia Jackson Theater of the Performing Arts yesterday afternoon. Acoustically the theater is fabulous!! We sat on the top row of the 1st balcony, and most everything about the performance translated up to our seats ... the voices were superb; the acting was top notch and the seats were comfortable. As with any venue, there probably need to be twice as many women's restrooms. Having stated the obvious, we did find facilities on every floor, and lines were not long. The MJTPA staff members were incredibly helpful. Construction did make parking difficult, but that should be resolved soon. If you have the chance to see Les Mis at the Mahalia Jackson Theater, GO!! Don't think ... just get there!! FABULOUS Performance!!

Visited November 2012