“Now I Know Why There is Always a Line”

The Ruby Slipper Cafe, French Quarter
Ranked #44 of 2,019 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: New Orleans favorite Breakfast & Brunch spot serving your breakfast & brunch favorites every day of the week! Whether it's one of our signature benedicts, our bananas foster french toast, or our New Orleans style BBQ Shrimp & Grits, we focus on high-quality ingredients served up with flair in a fun & inviting atmosphere. And remember, you can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning!
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The chef is extremely creative with ordinary breakfast items making a simple breakfast selection difficult. I settled with the 3 Piggy Omelet but I have to go back and try one of the daily specials. Great Food - Great Service and Wonderful Atmosphere.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,457)

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Our new favorite breakfast spot in NOLA. Great help. Great food. Perfect location just outside the Quarter.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

So I ate breakfast at The Ruby Slipper, mostly as it was a few yards from my hotel. Boy, was I glad I found this spot. I walked in about 8:45 am and by 9 the place was packed with a wait. I sat at the bar and was serviced by Leroy who was friendly and helpful when it came to the menu. Most everything on the menu was not your typical breakfast mainstay. There was shrimp/grits,pork items, beef items and of course eggs and bacon. I had the smoked pork on a homemade biscuit with poached eggs and hollandaise. This meal last me all the way to dinner and I really was not hungry even then. The coffee was fresh and the service was great. Can wait to get back and try something else.

Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I ate breakfast here while visiting New Orleans based on the reviews that we saw on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed and people were spot on. The place was crowded and we had to wait for about 5 minutes which was a good sign. The service was great! Our bellies were full all the way until dinner!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Wow, am so glad we waited for them to open at 8:00 on a Sat. We almost skipped this gem when we went out for a 7:00 breakfast. They do not open until 8 on the week-ends. Worth the wait. Try the blueberry cream cheese stuffed french toast if they offer it! To die for. My husband had the breakfast biscuit, another good choice. It is huge!