“I love Buffa's!”

Ranked #146 of 1,989 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery
Neighborhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Description: On the Border of the Quarter since 1939, Buffa's Bar & Restaurant provides a true New Orleans neighborhood bar experience! Live music 6 days a week! Open 24/7.
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Great little local hangout bar...smoking is allowed, so keep that in mind. Their bleu cheese burgers are excellent, and I love the sweet potato fries!!

1  Thank Swampie70119
thechuck, Owner at Buffa's Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thanks for the great review! Keep in mind our Back Room is smoke free, family-friendly, and open from 11AM to Midnight or so Wednesday through Sunday and Mondays from 6PM to 11Pm or so.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We were in a hurry to catch a show on Frenchmen Street, and our innkeeper recommended Buffa's as a quick option en route. I was dubious at first -- from the outside, it looked like the Food Poisoning Bar and Grille -- but when we ordered our food, we were delighted. My boyfriend got the etouffee, while I had the red beans and rice. My only regret was that the portion was so heaping, I was physically incapable of finishing it. On a trip that included some of the city's most famous restaurants, Buffa's held its own in the "affordable comfort food" category.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

this place is one of my local faves. the burgers are huge, juicy and really reasonable. atmosphere is great - more than once i've walked into the middle of locals howling along to the jukebox. just know it is smoky and a little seedy, but that's exactly how i like it.

1  Thank Myra B
Reviewed January 24, 2013

When we first arrived we attempted a visit but were put off by the smoke and the people (it was really late) so we didn't stay. We decided to give it another try, closer to dinner time, and we found a much more pleasant atmosphere. Worth the stop because the food was delicious! I had the Shrimp Creole, my husband the Crawfish Etoufee - perfect! Be sure to give it a try!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

This place is everything you love about New Orleans -- relaxed atmosphere, fun crowd, good beer, surprisingly tasty food, fabulous music, and eccentrics galore. The night we were there a superb band consisted of the former drummer for Al Hirt and Dr. John who got kicked out of Scientology, a talented piano player that can growl and play with the best of them, an astonishingly sweet violinist who happens to be a pagan priest, and born-again Presbyterian on base. An institution since the 30s, the only thing that has changed (besides the danged mammoth TV screen I could do without) is the no-smoking policy in the restaurant section. Hallelujah.