“WHAT?!?!? Delicious!!”
Review of Cafe Amelie

Cafe Amelie
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Amelie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 1,992 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Between Dumaine St. & St. Philip St.
Transit: Cafe Amelie is accessible by the RTA’s redline streetcars that run along the river; the nearest stop is Dumaine Street, then Cafe Amelie is a short 4-block walk from the river.
Description: Please note that the courtyard is seated on a first come, first serve basis. A reservation does not guarantee seating in the courtyard but we will have a table available inside our beautiful, historic carriage house. We normally allow reservation space for only 50% of the dining room to accommodate walk-ins. Additionally, in order to accommodate all of our guests who are waiting to be seated, we are only able to seat your party once everyone has arrived. Nestled in the historic 150-year-old Princess of Monaco Courtyard and Carriage House on Royal Street in the French Quarter, Cafe Amelie is a rare combination of superb Louisiana fare served in a lush, enchanting New Orleans courtyard setting. Cafe Amelie has a full bar offering an array of signature cocktail creations. Cafe Amelie and the accompanying Princess of Monaco Courtyard are also available for private parties, weddings and receptions.
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Stumbled upon this gem as we were walking Royale St.

Great service and even better food!
We sat outside and enjoyed the ambience of the people passing by and the trickling fountain.

Staff was very friendly and helpful for a gluten free couple. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

I mean... come on! Look at the pictures! This was hands-down our absolute favorite dining experience during our entire trip to New Orleans. We had a reservation on the evening of July 2nd. We arrived early and were sat. We were the first ones in the restaurant that evening but the service was on point. Our waiter was Wade. He was truly passionate about the entire menu, explaining in vivid language what each dish was. He also told us about the restaurant's philosophy and how all of the employees work closely and contribute to the preparation of food in the kitchen. The care that goes into this food is apparent. The ingredients are insanely fresh and every bite is just heaven. We had the shrimp and grits (duh), cochon de lait sandwich (I think while eating this I actually said "What is this? Is this butter?" I was in heaven), I think my boyfriend may have had the salmon which he loved but I was way to involved in the sandwich, and we had the million layer cake thing which I can't stop thinking about. The thin layers... oh my goodness. My only regrets? That I don't have more stomachs and that we didn't make it back for brunch.

If you get the chance, go here. Ask for Wade. He makes the experience worth every penny. Bravo!

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

I went there with my wife and my son. The location is special and intimate. The service and the food was superbe. Unfortunately I discovered it the last day of my vacation...

Reviewed July 8, 2014

This trip was a second honeymoon. We reserved at Cafe Amelie for a nice dinner. It was all we had hoped - pleasant garden setting, fountain, music, delicious food, fair pricing, and prompt but not stuffy service. Easy to reach location.

Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

What a great find! I chose this restaurant because it more non shellfish options than many other restaurants because of my shellfish allergy. It also got very good reviews. The restaurant had a beautiful garden off the street which is perfect for dining outside. It was a very hot night so we opted for indoor dining. They had nice ceiling fans going and since the door kept opening for waiters to go in and out the restaurant was very comfortable rather than freezing.

Now to the food. One meal was better than the next. My boyfriend had the crab cake which more like a patty using generous amounts of fresh crab without all the breadcrumbs that can mask the flavor. I had the seared tuna for dinner. It was cooked perfectly and with the sauce, melted in my mouth. We both indulged in dessert. He opted for the chocolate on and I for the berry. Both were over the top amazing.

Our waited was perfectly attentive. His goal was to ensure a perfect meal. My boyfriend chose a beer on his suggestion. As he brought it over his exact words were "if you don't like it, we'll just keep going down the list".

If you live or are visiting NO. You must stop by and enjoy a memorable meal.

Did I mention, how casual and laid back the restaurant is? No need to dress up. Nice but very casual is perfect.