“Worth the stop. Nice outdoor courtyard and the food was great.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe Amelie

Cafe Amelie
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Amelie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 1,920 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Between Dumaine St. & St. Philip St.
Transit: Cafe Amelie is accessible by the RTA’s redline streetcars that run along the river; the nearest stop is Dumaine Street, then Cafe Amelie is a short 4-block walk from the river.
Description: Please note that the courtyard is seated on a first come, first serve basis. A reservation does not guarantee seating in the courtyard but we will have a table available inside our beautiful, historic carriage house. We normally allow reservation space for only 50% of the dining room to accommodate walk-ins. Additionally, in order to accommodate all of our guests who are waiting to be seated, we are only able to seat your party once everyone has arrived. Nestled in the historic 150-year-old Princess of Monaco Courtyard and Carriage House on Royal Street in the French Quarter, Cafe Amelie is a rare combination of superb Louisiana fare served in a lush, enchanting New Orleans courtyard setting. Cafe Amelie has a full bar offering an array of signature cocktail creations. Cafe Amelie and the accompanying Princess of Monaco Courtyard are also available for private parties, weddings and receptions.
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Worth the stop. Nice outdoor courtyard and the food was great.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Wow was I happy with my meal. I had the lamb burger. It was, as the say in the tmThai/Indian restaurants, cooked to perfection. And I mean that this was by far the best prepared burger of any type I have ever had. The seasoning was spot on also. So many places are afraid to season things well.

This was the best meal I had in New Orleans. If the other food is prepared as well, with as fresh ingredients, it is worth a trip.

The menu is small and some may considered a bit limited. I would rather the menu not reflect the average waistline, expanding to infinity and beyond, if the food is prepared well; and it was.

I was able to get a nice glass of wine and enjoy some music I the courtyard. Once agin an oasis from Bourbon Street but only a block away. In my opinion a better block.

I would go back if in the area which I feel is the best endorsement. My service was very good. A little rushed. That sole diner, get em in, get em out mentality. My cappachino was a bit cool. Only complaint. Never understand this. Doesn't everyone have one of those swanky machines, to make cappachino, that look like the are the controls for a battleship?! Starbucks and Dunkin figured this out. Get a swanky machine and read the directions. Please.

I spent $55 meal, 2 glasses of wine, cappachino, tax, title and tip etc etc. and I was happy.

NewJersey
“Beautiful outdoor dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Tucked away from the street is a beautiful courtyard. Surrounded by beautiful brick buildings, wrought iron furniture and fountain makes a lovely place to dine away from the crowds. Food superb and the service impeccable.

• Visited April 2013
Modena, Italy
“perfect for a special night, last night in new orleans”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

After three days in new Orleans French quarter my wife and came across this wonderful and private restaurant. Set back from the road all you first see is a fountain and a few chairs, then once you walk down the path the restaurant starts to reveal it self. Very old and stylish brick building with interesting features both inside and out. We were greeted politely and offered a table inside ( we were told you have to be lucky to sit outside, a good sign we thought). Once inside we were offered drinks and recommended a cocktail and a way of preparation of what come next.. The cocktails were an excellent idea, all day on our feet, we were ready to relax. Now the food.... For starter we had the Gambon soup, very popular in new Orleans, but this was from another world. The mains were nothing to special but then for desert we had the berry crumble topped with ice cream.. Well this move my score from a 3 to a 4, coming from the UK my mums crumble was always hard to beat but this was top marks from the presentation, taste and thought that I could eat another!! Over all a very good restaurant but improvements are needed in teaching the staff not to remove your plate from infront of you until you have finished eating. Not good!

San Carlos, California
“Nice setting for an afternoon lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

There is a pleasant patio with seating for quite a few guests. And a cool afternoon, with a breeze blowing it is very relaxing. The food was adequate but the menu is limited; a few interesting salads and sandwiches with a unique combination of fresh ingredients. The items were tasty and the portions about right. I'd say go once and then try some other places. I would not make a special trip back.

Oakville, Canada
“Somewhat Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I recently spent six days in New Orleans for Jazzfest. I had read about this spot and was in the area.
I was alone, as my husband was ill. I was told to wait on the bench, which I did.
There were several empty tables in the pretty courtyard, but I was led inside.
When I told my server I wanted to eat outside, she said that those tables were reserved.
On Amelie's website, they state that they do not take reservations out side-first come, first served. I do not like restaurants which play favourites, so it was not a good beginning.
I ordered a gin and tonic, made with "home made tonic". When it arrived, it was brown.
When I queried my server, she was again, unsure.
They changed it for a normal one.
I ordered a BLT and my server suggested adding goat cheese.
When I received my bill, I noticed that they had added a surcharge for the cheese.
So, all in all, I was not happy with this restaurant and probably would not return.

• Visited April 2013