“Lovely oasis”
Review of Cafe Amelie

Cafe Amelie
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Amelie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 1,963 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Between Dumaine St. & St. Philip St.
Transit: Cafe Amelie is accessible by the RTA’s redline streetcars that run along the river; the nearest stop is Dumaine Street, then Cafe Amelie is a short 4-block walk from the river.
Description: Please note that the courtyard is seated on a first come, first serve basis. A reservation does not guarantee seating in the courtyard but we will have a table available inside our beautiful, historic carriage house. We normally allow reservation space for only 50% of the dining room to accommodate walk-ins. Additionally, in order to accommodate all of our guests who are waiting to be seated, we are only able to seat your party once everyone has arrived. Nestled in the historic 150-year-old Princess of Monaco Courtyard and Carriage House on Royal Street in the French Quarter, Cafe Amelie is a rare combination of superb Louisiana fare served in a lush, enchanting New Orleans courtyard setting. Cafe Amelie has a full bar offering an array of signature cocktail creations. Cafe Amelie and the accompanying Princess of Monaco Courtyard are also available for private parties, weddings and receptions.
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Lovely oasis”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The landscaped courtyard is a lovely, peaceful oasis from the busy streets of the French Quarter, and the restaurant’s classy interior is as beautiful as the outdoor space. Saturday lunch offers a more limited brunch menu, but you will have no trouble finding something you want to eat. My blue crab cake entrée was superb, though a little on the light side as a single course. Fortunately my friend offered me a wedge of her muffelatta, which was far superior to the famous one at the Napoleon House, from its excellent crusty bread to the flavorful ham (probably roasted and carved on the premises). I give my highest service points to the obliging bartender. When I wasn’t crazy about my flute of champagne, I asked him to turn it in to a cocktail. The creation he made by adding St. Germain elderflower liqueur, local orange bitters and an orange peel made my day!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Gadabout777

Nova Scotia
“So relaxing, quiet, good food”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is a fine restaurant. The menu is not extensive, but the food is on point. I had some sort of double pork chop with grits and macque choux - wow, it was delicious. Such a lovely restaurant too, with exquisite decor. Service was right on.

Fort Worth, Texas
“charming setting, good food”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Courtyard setting, different but interesting menu, We had an excellent waiter--young man but can't think of his name. I had a salad and the blue crab cake and my wife had shrimp. Very good!

Chicago, Illinois
“Our favorite NOLA restaurant”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We went twice in a week--that will tell you everything. Inside or out, it's a lovely restaurant. The catfish sandwiches and the shrimp and grits were our top favorites. You can't go wrong here. Go early--it fills up. Or better yet, plan ahead and make reservations.

1 Thank chimcmom
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This restaurant is a hidden gem. The outdoor courtyard is beautiful and lovely to have dinner outside. Food was excellent. From the gumbo to the shrimp and grits it was such a great way to start off my first New Orleans visit. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited March 2013