“Beautiful Dining”
Review of Cafe Amelie

Cafe Amelie
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Amelie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 1,998 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Between Dumaine St. & St. Philip St.
Transit: Cafe Amelie is accessible by the RTA’s redline streetcars that run along the river; the nearest stop is Dumaine Street, then Cafe Amelie is a short 4-block walk from the river.
Description: Please note that the courtyard is seated on a first come, first serve basis. A reservation does not guarantee seating in the courtyard but we will have a table available inside our beautiful, historic carriage house. We normally allow reservation space for only 50% of the dining room to accommodate walk-ins. Additionally, in order to accommodate all of our guests who are waiting to be seated, we are only able to seat your party once everyone has arrived. Nestled in the historic 150-year-old Princess of Monaco Courtyard and Carriage House on Royal Street in the French Quarter, Cafe Amelie is a rare combination of superb Louisiana fare served in a lush, enchanting New Orleans courtyard setting. Cafe Amelie has a full bar offering an array of signature cocktail creations. Cafe Amelie and the accompanying Princess of Monaco Courtyard are also available for private parties, weddings and receptions.
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Atmosphere, wonderful selection of food, yummy specility drinks....it has it all here. An absolute must when dining in New Orleans. Our selections for the evening were excellent: gumbo, crab cake, shrimp and grits, the roasted chicken. Must try the lemonade very refreshing and most definitely not for the kids

The Courtyard is stunning and the inside dining is very charming. We will be back!

2  Thank Michelle_MMS
Write a ReviewReviews (1,138)

Reviewed July 29, 2011

Had salads and apps before going out and hitting Bourbon St. for the night. Food was well executed and staff was courtious and friendly. Dining "alfresco" is the best way to enjoy New Orleans in the spring.

1  Thank sunshineandbiscuit
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I stumbled onto Cafe Amelie on my first trip to New Orleans back when I didn't read Trip Advisor or plan ahead where I would eat. I knew I had discovered the perfect New Orleans courtyard restaurant. I have returned several times since. Now 4 years later we finally arrived early enough in the day to have lunch together before my husband's meetings. It was his first experience at Cafe Amelie and we had wonderful weather.We could smell the jasmine blooming in the courtyard. I had the Beet and Goat Cheese Salad and my husband had a roast beef sandwich. Realizing we were interested in the history of this elegant place, the hostess told us the story of the first American Princess of Monaco who grew up here in the mansion. All together the food, the romantic courtyard, the hospitality made a perfect afternoon for us.

1  Thank travel7continents
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Run, do not walk, to Cafe Amelie. I am very, very picky, and I was blown away by the food, the beautiful courtyard location, and the value, OMG the value! Don't get me wrong; I love all the old school, big money New Orleans restaurants, but this place is truly a gem. The pulled pork po-boy (cochon au lait) was truly delicious. We ate outside in the courtyard, but the inside space is charming as well. Someone in charge here clearly knows what he/she is doing. BRAVA!

5  Thank ModfatherDotCom
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Food: Fantastic!
Service: very good without being pretentious
Ambiance: Wonderful if you sit outside near the fountain

I don't have any complaints, only praise. The prices were good when compared with other restaurants, our dishes were cooked perfectly and served hot. It was quiet with no wait for a table. They do claim to close at 9, so, be there in plenty of time to order dinner.