“Excellent budget accommodation with great public transport links”

Auberge NOLA Hostel
Reviewed May 30, 2014

The hostel is more of a home from home. It felt like I was staying at a friends' place - personal and very relaxed. Location is brilliant - it is only a short ride away from Bourbon or the Garden District, there are lovely local restaurants nearby and a chemist, if you need them. It is secure - you need pin numbers to get in and have lockers in the rooms if you need them. And best of all you have a great host who made sure that your needs were answered - from booking a taxi to recommending places and generally just having a chat. I would stay here again if I make to NO again.

Room Tip: i stayed in both all female and mixed rooms - it doesn't really matter. The rooms inside the hou...

Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

I've been here 6 nights, attending a conference in NOLA. I take my hat off to Rob the owner very hands on, always eager to assist. Beds & bathrooms are clean, free coffee and bread in the morning. Great location just 1 block from streetcar and many eating options around- walking distance, plus a 24hrs walgreens. I also met some really cool people here. Plenty of chilling out options here if you just want to stay in read a book. Awesome for the single female traveller safe place. Everyone gets a key and main door access.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Thank Kudzai M. M
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We loved this hostel! I highly recommend staying here, it is super clean, comfortable, the building itself is beautiful, and it has a relaxed energy that feels very homey. The owner is very friendly & you can tell he really cares about maintaining a great place. We met some really cool people staying here, it was very easy to find parking, the location is great (it's quiet, just a block off St. Charles, & really easy to get to anywhere you want to go.) My sister & I felt totally safe here, & had an incredible time in this amazing city!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Emily B
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I stayed here for a night and was extremely impressed by how clean the hostel was.Like other reviewers have said, the owner takes great pride in ensuring that the hostel is neat.I stayed in a co-ed dorm and made fast friends with my room mates.The location is great too, as it is just a block or so away from the street car.I felt safe and absolutely enjoyed my stay here.I would definitely recommend it to others.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I regretablly stayed at another hostel in New Orleans for a night before switching to Auberge Nouvelle. Auberge Nouvelle was exceedingly clean, had a lovely kitchen for cooking and incredible service and NOLA advice from Rob (I think his name is Rob). Doesn't get any better than here!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Be prepared for a Super-Clean hostel. Its clean enough to forgo shower shoes...which I did because I had left mine at home.
Anyway, the service is reliable and the owner is totally friendly and accommodating. He's a native so he knows the best places to eat and drink. The other people there were also super nice and chill--I had the best time in New Orleans. I'm glad I picked this hostel!

Reviewed April 4, 2014

My friend and I arrived in New Orleans and stayed at the AAE Bourbon Hostel one night before going to Auberge NOLA. AAE Bourbon could not compare in cleanliness and beauty. It was older and seeemed to lack a professional polish. In comparison Auberge was a huge old french home with tons of character and high ceilings. Everything in the hostel was fully renovated including floors kitchens bathrooms and the like. The bathrooms themselves are spacious and I never had to wait for a a shower or toilet. Everything again was completely renovated and featured top of the line appliances. My bed was clean and tidy and comfortable. Robert the owner was so sweet and allowed us to bother him and his adorable dogs. I felt very comfortable here. The people were nice and the location was perfect. There are number locks on the outside of the door so if you lose your key you can still get in. I never felt unsafe and my belongings were never touched. The only downside to Auberge is that Robert is the only one working but he stays up all hours to ensure his guests get in safely. This is his home as well so you can tell he takes pride in it. If you go make sure to pet Yogi the fluffy black and white dog for me!
-Holly

• Stayed: March 2014
CookeCityAlpine, Owner at Auberge NOLA Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Thank you for your review and Yogi wants me to tell you he misses you :) !