“Didn't have oysters -- but other choices hit the spot”
Review of Desire Oyster Bar

Desire Oyster Bar
Ranked #55 of 1,989 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: The design of this upbeat and casual dining venue tastefully blends traditional with contemporary. Desire features a raw oyster bar where expert shuckers prepare fresh Gulf oysters any way you like them - chargrilled, on the half shell and more. Our Executive Chef is excited for you to try the extensive menu including signature dishes like our Shrimp & Grits, the "Creole Trio" (jambalaya, red beans and rice, and gumbo), po'boys, and the Crawfish and Fried Green Tomato Benedict. Come for oysters, stay for the menu! Open Daily for Breakfast 6:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m., Lunch and Dinner from 11:30 a.m. - 'til. Happy Hour Monday-Friday 3-6pm $1 oysters & more!
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I was staying at the Royal Sonesta, so this was our "hotel" restaurant. i had lunch there with a friend who had arrived from NJ following Hurricane Sandy, and was plenty hungry. Neither one of us had the oysters (next time). I had a salad with seafood that was very large and very good. She went for a cheeseurger and fries, which hit the spot.

It was a busy day, but it did take quite a while for our meals to arrive once we ordered. Found this to be the case in a number of spots in NO. Used to Northeast pace.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Famous for its oysters, Desire does not disappoint. The oysters Rockefeller are to die for, but try the turtle soup too. My husband loved the roast beef & gravy po-boy. Great service, fantastic food, but go during the slow times or expect to wait for a table.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Every time I travel to N.O. I must stop in Desire and sit at the oyster bar for at least a dozen of the best oysters in town. I know about Acme and appreciate that they bring the tourists, but Desire is by far my favorite and wouldn't hesitate sending anyone there....unless it means less room for me.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Disclosure - we were staying at the Royal Sonesta and had dinner reservations elsewhere. By 3pm I was starving. We decided to pop in to Desire Oyster Bar for a quick nibble so I could make it to dinner.

I ordered a spinach salad that was quite good. Portions at this restaurant are on the large side and I guarantee you won't leave hungry. Those enjoying the oysters looked very happy.
Very convenient location.

Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

This place was great! They have the best oysters and the service and atmosphere are perfect for a New Orleans experience. We had a waitress for breakfast named Debra. She was excellent with her service and handled eight of us women so well. She added extra advice for things for us to do around The Big Easy and overall personality was fun. Our other server was Erich for lunch the day before and he was excellent too!! Check this place out for a nice meal breakfast, lunch, or dinner!