“Not what I expected.”

Audubon Nature Institute Museums Admission
Ranked #7 of 26 Fun & Games in New Orleans
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Entergy Giant Screen Theater offers larger-than-life adventures with the help of the world's most advanced motion picture technology. The Theater is located next door to Audubon Aquarium of the Americas, and is one of the finest motion picture systems in the world featuring a 4k digital projection system and state-of-the-art Dolby Atmos multidimensional sound.
Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

I wish I had actually read what the Hurricane movie was about before we chose it. I was a little disappointed because I was thinking it would be a 3d experience about a hurricane. It wasn't 3d and was kind of boring to our 6 year old. I wish it had more about hurricane Katrina than about the local musicians.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

We saw Born to be Wild on a Saturday in June, and had a great time. Our little one laughed through the whole movie, she really enjoyed it! The 3D is much better than the 3D movies you see in the theatre. The price was steep for aquarium/IMAX combo, but we worked it into the budget. The popcorn and drinks were great. The staff were very helpful. I will say be careful when entering the auditorium after the movie has started. Try to get there early to avoid entering in the dark. A woman broke her leg at the start of our movie, by falling down a flight of stairs at the front of the auditorium. The IMAX staff handled the situation very well. They kept the movie rolling to avoid a huge disturbance, and comforted her until an ambulance and her family could arrive. It was a awkward knowing she was hurt while the movie kept going, but I understand why they handled it that way.

Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

This was pretty boring. 3D was not that impressive.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

Awesome! Plus you could have alcoholic beverages in the theater!

Reviewed April 14, 2012

a great Imax theatre within close proximity to the French Quarter. Worth seeing.