“Went above and beyond to help!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue60 Guest House

Blue60 Guest House
Ranked #33 of 140 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Brooklyn
“Went above and beyond to help!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

A very dear friend of mine was having her bachelorette weekend at Elysian House and I was unable to attend. I rang the owner(s) to see if there was a way I could get a bottle of champagne delivered to my friend when she arrived. The kind staff at Elysian offered to go to a shop and pick up any bottle I wanted. Before I could let them know what I decided, my friend texted me to let me know she already received the champagne! I inquired about how much I needed to reimburse them and was told it was on the house. Wow! Not only did that kind gesture make my friend's day, it definitely made mine too! Thank you Elysian House for going above and beyond!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank PSOwenS

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This was a great place to stay. The suite we had was charming and surprisingly larger than we had expected, and it had a refrigerator, coffee maker, and even a porch swing to hang out on. There was also an outdoor hot tub (didn’t get try it out though) in a cute little courtyard. Location was perfect- close enough to walk to the FQ, but nice and quiet for some r&r at the end of the day.

Dave knew a lot about the area and what was going on all around town, and was really attentive to us. There isn’t breakfast (just go to La Panache, and take advantage of the fridge), but whatever else you want or need, just give him a call. He also gave us great tips and recommendations for some fantastic places to eat and listen to music that were within a short walking distance, and we had fun just hanging out and exchanging stories one evening. Also I should mention, we never once had to bother with our car during the entire trip, which was a big relief- everything we needed was close-by. I'm very glad we chose to stay here, will definitely book a room here again the next time we come to NOLA.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sock2012
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Hello

I have a friend who made a reservations here to say for a three day weekend visit to New Orleans. She was concern about staying at the Elysian House in May due to some reviews on trips. She asked me to go by the house and maybe stop and ask if she can see the house for her , not telling them I was looking at the house for a friend who has a reservations. I was welcomed by Mr. David. He showed me all the rooms, one of the rooms was in the process of being clean, and there was an odor of bleach coming from the bathroom. What I saw was a clean house in all the rooms. Cathy the cleaning lady says it take about 1 ½ hours to clean a unit. I know New Orleans, I was born and raised here. (I wish I lived in this area) I also explained to my friend that the location is great. There is an area call Marigny, where the local hang out – great jazz. I told my friend that the review did not tell an actuate story about the house. I told my friend the place is a good place to stay. Thank you for your time. Here trip is in July.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Sharon S
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

David was great but the place is in really bad condition. The place was filthy. There was mold in the shower, mirror was hanging off of the wall, coffee pot was NEVER cleaned in its life, floors were disgusting. The tv was a 13" so we had to stack books under it so that we could see it from the bed. The location is not very pleasant either. We were appreciative that the door had a peep hole because we never knew what to expect when walking out the door. We go to New Orleans 5-6 times a year so we know what to expect as far as 'the element' but this seemed to be emphasized. We would have relocated to another hotel but it was jazzfest so there was no availability in the city. It was very noisy with sirens all throughout the night. It was convenient to the Marigny and to Frenchman St. (About 5-6 blocks) but we basically took a cab when we needed to go anywhere outside of those areas.

One positive thing is that the sheets were clean and the bed was comfortable. I really hate to give David a bad review, as he seemed very kind, but the place was really dirty.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank READYFERRETTI
Royal Oak, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

This is a perfect place to stay when you visit New Orleans to be close to all the action. It was within walking distance of the Quarter and downtown. We didn't need our car during the entire trip! The rooms were large (suites) and comfortable with a TV, refrigerator and coffee maker. There was no pool but the hot tub and outdoor patio provided a bit of relaxation after a long day. We were able to walk to many restaurants and the French Market as well as the French Quarter. The staff was very charming and helpful. All of our questions were answered and they recommended some fun places to visit and eat. We even enjoyed some time visiting with them and talking about the history of New Orleans. If you visit there, I suggest you find some time to go on a swamp tour ... what fun! Staying here was so much more homier than staying at a hotel. The next time we go to New Orleans we will be sure to book a room at the Elysian Guest House. Thank you for the wonderful stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Margie P
Cypress, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My family and I made a point of reserving two rooms three weeks in advance of our trip to New Orleans. We had read wonderful things online about this place, and were looking forward to its touted charm and atmosphere.

First, I had to make a minor change to the reservation. It took three unanswered emails, an unacknowledged phone call, and a total of a week and a half for the change to be made. I was notified of the change by a one-line email, which also demanded I state the exact hour we intended to arrive.

Then, within a week of our trip, whoever works the phones at this place got drunk early on a weeknight and rang my father two timezones away to slur an apology for double-booking our accommodation and let us know we'd be staying somewhere else.

They didn't even wish us luck finding another accommodation for four on short notice in one of the most popular tourist destinations in the United States.

I will not be dealing with these people again. They have almost certainly ruined this trip. Their lack of professionalism is appalling, and they are a disservice to their B&B association.

Find your New Orleans flavor elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sienna Y
Washington, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We booked the entire house for a group of people over a long weekend in NOLA - entirely based on previous reviews. Our experience was AWFUL - and we couldn't relate to any of the previous reviews after our stay. It was absolutely filthy. Would NEVER stay here again.

PRE-STAY:
A friend who was in town called to see if she could stop by and see the house- she did not get any responses. Phone calls with David were incoherent - he could not hold a conversation or answer basic questions. We at various times thought that our reservation was lost. Took multiple phone calls to coordinate payments.

STAY:
Upon arrival, the house was filthy. Dirty cups, plates, and cigarette butts were all over the house. The living room couch was filled with dog hair, and the mattress on the pull out couch in the front room was completely sunken - we had to put an air mattress on top of it in order to use it.

Stains all over the furniture, and hair on the bathroom floor. The floors left our feet black with dirt. There was so much dust in the house that no matter what surface you touched you got to take some with you.

Additionally, Jeff and David were always walking around the property - making it feel significantly less private. They also had dogs in the office on the property - right off one of the bedrooms. It felt like they lived here - very likely that one of them did. They had no clear sense of reservations - at one point asking when we were leaving because they thought another group would be arriving.

Location was decent - but the area immediately surrounding the house felt unsafe.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends