“PERFECTION”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

This place exceeded my expectations by perhaps 300%. From the moment you walk in its such a delightful experience. My boyfriend and I went to New Orleans for a couple of days only and on our first night out, we walked by this place (Doris) that looked interesting. We both are meat lovers, and it caught his eye the meat show room that the restaurant has. So we decided to come back the very next day to check it out, and what a great idea that was!
They open their doors for dinner at 5:30 pm. We walked in a little before that, so we waited at their bar. They have a very wide and super nice wine selection... Their walls actually are designed with wine bottles. We only waited for about 15 minutes before they gave us our table.
The waiter was incredibly nice, I don't think I'd ever had such efficient service ever before. He took the time to explain the concept of the restaurant, who the owners were, how does their tender aged-cuts are made and taste like. Everything he recommended was pure perfection, from the BEST Tuna Tartare I've ever had to the 21-years-aged Rib Eye that was simply heaven in my mouth!
The atmosphere is chic, you really forget the city you are in when you are in this place.
The place itself is such a great experience. Well designed and perfectly well taken care of.
If we ever go back to New Orleans we will definitely go back to this place and try something else in their menu that Im pretty sure we'll love again.
Tip: Make sure you make reservations before you go, or just show up early. The place packs up pretty fast and now we know why!

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We both had the 'Tenderloin' Awesome...Our Server was Nikoletta - Excellent!! The Bread is out of this world....Wine Reasonable (starts at about $38 Bottle) Total fore two: $157.00 + Tip.
Met the Manager, Stavro...Definitely found his Calling!! Be SURE & make Reservations....if there are only 2 of you, BOOK TABLE 8, Corner Table with a Window (one of FEW Window Tables!)
(the other corner window table is 16)

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Stumbled across a new place in NOLA and was treated to a wonderful "Future Ball" cocktail made with Hendrick's gin. Nick the bartender created this creative cocktail and was friendly and into his craft. Didn't try to food but with 21/31 day dry aged beef in an amazing meat locker display how could you go wrong...will definitely come back.

Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Second time there. It really looks nice, (mostly) more alive than ever. They were clearly very happy to seat us, as soon as they reset the table (down by two). The steak case has some amazing lighting with the feel of the Natural History museum or a greatly enhanced Mayan ritual altar. If you worship meat, this is your prayer grotto. The entire waitstaff is beautiful (only my second Sazerac, if you are wondering, led me to that conclusion). Sadly, they, too have been bit by the Reach-over Bug. Maybe it crawled over from Tableau? People! Do not reach across a guest to serve. Saying you're sorry does not make it okay. The food was great. The big bowls made me think of family meals South of the Border. We never could exactly figure out what to do with them. I don't eat steak (gasp!) so I had the Calamari and the tuna. Both were extra special good. So was the endive salad (though someone needs to settle on the pronunciation of the word "endive". It seems to me that everyone living and working a Nouvelle Orleans should be able to say that word). The marvelous, amazing news, too, is that should you find yourself starving in the 600 block of Chartres you now have two great choices, Doris Metropolitan and Dickie Brennan's Tableau. Am I leaving anyone out? We had a double dense earthy Spanish wine as accompaniment. A very good choice by the beautiful waiter. Caution: we have seen hip places in New Orleans before this one. They tend to fall from grace. Alpine was there forever. Let's hope Doris can find a niche that will sustain it. Go. Enjoy it. Word has it that it's already getting to be impossible to get a reservation.

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Really!! Beautiful upscale restaurant in the "quarter". Excellent service, great wine menu. Need to try the Israeli wines. Amazingly good. We had a very yummy blend, called Yiron.
The apps looked and tasted wonderful. The truffled fries were delicious. The steaks are all aged on site from 21 to 31 days. Cut thick and grilled in an open kitchen, they were very good, but not quite as good as we expected. We'll try it again. Had a very enjoyable night.