“Watch Out for Uninvited Guests” 3 of 5 bubbles

Pat O'Brien's
Ranked #114 of 1,918 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Pat O's Courtyard Restaurant is located at 624 Bourbon Street and connected to Pat O'Brien's Bar (718 St Peter Street) by a scenic courtyard with flaming fountain. Open for lunch and dinner 7 days a week.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Watch Out for Uninvited Guests”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Went with a party of six. We were sat between the doors of the men's and women's restrooms. Hurricanes were good. Food was ok. I had the grilled chicken sandwich. Rest of the party enjoyed their entrees. My meal was marred by an appearance of an inchand a half long brown cockroach that I murdered after it ran across my foot. Table next to me nor my party noticed, but I kind of lost my appetite after that. Not to mention being itchy.

• Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Walland, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tourist attraction drinking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Went twice at my wife's behest. Friday early evening was odd as every table near as had a group with multiple children. What brain-dead morons would treat take the French Quarter like Disneyland? The food was good. The servers worked their butts off.

Saturday night/Sunday morning in the courtyard was completely different. The obnoxious "Wooooo Girls" at the table next to us and the well organized staff taking care of hundreds of poor tipping drinks in their 20s.

I don't understand the Hurricane fascination. This bar literally uses the exact same powdered mix that they market at retailers. So for $8 you get basically KoolAid and well rum.

The rest of their drinks are made well and somewhat more economically.

But the tourist popularity is well earned. It's very nice in courtyard. The staff is awesome especially dealing with the drunks they see everyday.

FOR GOD'S SAKE.... LEAVE YOUR KIDS AT HOME AND TIP WELL!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Ridley Park, Pennsylvania
“Patty o's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

We got a table outside after a drenching rain and everything was fresh and live. I ordered the Southern sampler of jambalaya, red beans and rice and gumbo. What a choice, the meal was great and redolent with the flavors of the south. The Hurricane didn't hurt either. A little pricey but very enjoyable

Metairie, Louisiana, USA
“On the town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have been here several time recently and it is just awesome. From the courtyard to the piano bar we had a blast.

Visited February 2013
Saint Charles, Missouri
“Fun place...great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stopped here while on Bourbon street for a late dinner and of course a hurricane. Only about a 20 minute wait for table. Had our hurricanes while waiting. I ordered the Cajun Shepherds Pie...delicious! My friend ordered a burger and it was huge! And delicious! And our bill was only $27.00 (didn't include the hurricanes) which we got earlier.

Love the fire fountains there...really cool!

Visited July 2013