“Great location! Fantastic girls weekend!!”

Frenchmen Orleans at 519
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights over St. Patricks day weekend. The accomidations suited us nicely for what we wanted. A place to rest our head after a long day and an even longer night. Yes it is a little shabby around the edges. The service was always prompt and polite. I really liked the space over a traditional hotel room. The location can't be beat. I have been to NOLA several times and this was by far my favorite location. One of the St. Patricks day parades went right in front of the hotel. It was a great time. The only down falls I can think of is the temperature of the hot tub(burn your skin off hot), the water temperature changing from hot to cold mid shower and parking. Now granted parking can be a pain anywhere in the quarter. Over all I'm very happy that we stayed here. I would recommend this hotel and location but with them knowing not to expect the Four Seasons.

Stayed: March 2012

Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed at the Frenchman 519 over Easter weekend and for the price, I thought it was a good hotel. It's a little bit aged but that's to be expected in a smaller hotel in New Orleans. The staff was really awesome and kept the hotel in the best shape possible.

I'm glad we stayed on Frenchman Street because there's a lot of action for nightlife in the area. We wandered over to Bourbon Street one night and immediately made a bee line for Frenchman. I think the scene is on Bourbon St was not for us. Lots of great live music to be had on Frenchman St.

That being said, if you're a light sleeper or don't like to stay out until the wee hours of the morning, The Frenchman 519 may not be for you. The music from the nearby bars go on until 4AM if not later. You can hear them from most of the rooms. That didn't bother us at all so we were ok.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We met friends in New Orleans and stayed at this hotel to be close to them. They were Festiva timeshare members, and we were not. Our one bedroom apartment left a lot to be desired. The bed had old, rumpled looking bedspread, and I question when the bedspread and blanket were last laundered. When you laid down, you sank into the mattress. If you turned over, the bed creeked. I wound up sleeping on the living room couch the second night, because the bed was so uncomfortable. The coffee table was scratched up. A coat of paint would have been more presentable. When we checked in, I grabbed a broom to sweep the floor. It turns out that the specks on the floor were really chips in the tile that had accumulated over the years. The living room had two windows with rumpled looking, non-matching curtains. The curtain on the door in the bedroom looked like it had not been cleaned or ironed in years. There is no maid service (except probably to clean rooms upon check-out), and we had to go and get our own towels the second day. I was hesitant to walk on the floor without shoes.

These things might seem trivial, but did not match the $150.+ per night we were paying. We are frequent travelers, and certainly would not ever stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank econ1876
Reviewed April 5, 2012

location was nice, and the apartment type room lovely with facilities, but it felt dirty, and the rug in the lounge so dirty i wouldnt walk on it not in shoes. there were also stains on the towels.
the manager was rude, and kept talking to the girl behind the desk about me as 'she' when i was asking about parking and talking directly to me. i actually thought it was astoundingly rude.
pretty average service on check out too.
we were there during a bit basketball game so there werent lots of options, i wouldnt recommend it if there are other options.
the restaurant almost opposite, the Praline Connection was fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Natk38
Reviewed March 13, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights, and it was by far the best hotel ive stayed at in new orleans. The room we stayed in was like a one bedroom apartment, full kitchen, living room, walk in closet and a normal sized bathroom. The location of the hotel wads a little walk from the main part of bourbon probably like 10-12 blocks but it wasnt too bad. The club directly across the street was a jazz/reggae type place which was very awesome and even after you ledft you could still hear it in the hotel. The cooloest thing about the hotel is that on each floort here is a balcony area with comfortable seating. So after the first night, which we did the whole bourbon street thing,we just bought a bottle of liquor and hung out on the balcony all night listening to good jazz music and people watching. the staff is really nice. I accidently left my laptop when we checked out and luckily they have a very trustworthy staff because as soon as they found it they called me and told me. i was already at the airport so they shipped it back to me. This is the only hotel I will stay at from now on when staying in new orleans and i suggest you give it a shot you will not be disappointed. The only negative thing I have to say is that on saturday morning I went to take a shower and could not get any hot water, now I know this place is kinda small so maybe everyone had just taken showers, but within 30 minutes it was hot again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bschweiger
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We had a great vacation staying at the Frenchman Orleans. Talk about being right in the action. There will be some noise. Mostly live jazz coming from the street! Less touristy than Bourbon Street, your front hallway balcony drapes right over Frenchman Street. Don't get me wrong, it's still touristy, but it's more the music lovers that could actually blend as possibly being a local. It is a great location because you are steps away from the Spotted Cat, Snug Harbor, The Blue Nile, & the Three Muses. They all have live sets of music & only on Friday & Sat does the street noise elevate to a level of Bourbon street.
There is a pool & a hot tub, both outdoors, 24 hrs. & no time limit. Parking is behind the building & we paid half of the average price of other hotels.
We had one of the "older decor" rooms. The desk clerk told me that a resort is buying 2 per year & remodeling them. Ours was dingy, but clean. We saw inside the newer ones & they were beautiful. Flat screens, new appliances, updated lighting etc. Either way, you have everything you need to cook, do laundry, shower & sleep comfortably. Air conditioner worked good & the courtyard/fountain inside was beautiful. We brought our bikes & they were safe, even if unlocked, inside the locked gate, under the stairs.
The neighborhood is called the Marigny & is home to some good restaurants, a dry cleaners, a a a small grocery/bodega, a bicycle repair shop, cafe's and an antique store. Plus you are one block from the French Quarter.
Location is the real gem for this property. It seems to be run well & the staff made every attempt to make our stay worry free. I definetely would stat there again~

Room Tip: Ask if newer room is available. We booked with Expedia, got the older room.