“A charming cafe for delicious pastries and light fare”
Review of Petite Amelie

Petite Amelie
Ranked #293 of 1,989 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Petite Amelie is the new extension to Cafe Amelie. Located steps away from the Cafe at the corner of Dumaine & Royal at 900 Royal, we specialize in "cuisine rapide", with fresh salads and juices, sandwiches, and a fresh foods market. Petite Amelie will be open for indoor seating as well as takeaway and gourmet picnic-style fare.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Petite Amelie has a beautiful and historic ambiance. Big windows look out onto Royal Street. Stepping through the little doors is like stepping back in time. The made-on-premises fare is fresh and delicious. Right now they are making the most incredible breakfast muffins with local fresh blueberries and local sausage, and maple syrup inside -- their baker is a genius!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

We were in search of a "healthy" snack after too many beignets and Amelie's fresh made juices hit the spot, especially the Zuzu (spinach, apple & ginger). Can't wait to go back to try some of the tempting sandwiches and baked treats from the display case.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stopped into this restaurant during French Quarter Fest. They had great coffees and pastries to choose from. My daughter was planning on singing outside with her band. The staff was so friendly and accommodating to us. We used Petite Amelie as our home base, buying coffee and drinks for a few hours. This was a friendly place in a great location in the French Quarter. We will most certainly be back to support this awesome establishment!

1  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

I work right near here and decided to come one lunchtime with my boyfriend and roommate. We had: a croissant, a boudin in a blanket, a meatloaf sandwich, and a chicken salad on lettuce and spent 40$. Food was nice but a little expensive and nothing is set Ed warm, they're a cold bar only. Two of us have allergies and the counter service lady was clueless on ingredients and it was sort of complicated to order (our allergies are pecans and onions- I think counter service people selling a limited stock of products should know what's in them). The chicken salad was good but it took almost 30 minutes to be delivered, after everyone else had already eaten. I mean- scoop some chicken salad on the lettuce and come on! It was not busy when we visited. I would go back for sure, but it wasn't stellar. Cute place inside though.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We ate dinner at Petite Amelie. The restaurant itself is cozy & cute. The staff was very friendly. I ordered a turkey sandwich with cranberry mayo. It had lots of turkey but very little cranberry taste. My fiancé had another sandwich that was tastier than mine, but not mind blowing. Overall, the dinner was okay, but not very memorable. I would probably skip this restaurant on my next trip.