“A vegan place in New Orleans!?”
Review of 3 Potato 4 - CLOSED

3 Potato 4
Cuisines: Fast Food
Dining options: Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: We are a 'semi' fast food cart that specializes in baked fries, and chili's,: 100% vegan. There are 19 different sauces to choose from for the potatoes and various soups and chilis, depending on what we have available. For dessert, try one of our vegan pastries provided by Girls Gone Vegan! Gluten free, organic cane sugar, and utterly delicious! Open from 10-6, daily
Kansas City, Missouri
“A vegan place in New Orleans!?”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I was a vegetarian in New Orleans...and happened to see this little place on HappyCow as I was heading out of town. I stopped in and the woman behind the counter was so friendly and we chatted about vegan places in my hometown. I wish I'd tried the chili! But I was really just there for a snack on the way to the airport. I bought the large and it was too large for just me...gotta have the vegan bacon bits though (even if it's just because you can).

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Maggie M
Shane N, Manager at 3 Potato 4, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you for such a positive review! I liked the food, the cafe, and the owner so much, I am now the manager for 3P4! Please plan to visit us the next time you are in New Orleans, and I will make sure you get to try some of the Aztec or 3 Bean chili, even if I have to deliver. We have added coconut milk based ice cream to our menu, and have some very delicious snacks too. We appreciate your business, Maggie M. and look forward to seeing you again.

Shane Norris, manager 3P4

New Orleans, Louisiana
“If you are vegan, gf and looking for a place”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

New Orleans can be a bit of a food dessert for those with dietary restrictions (though we're getting much better.) This new "healthy fast food" joint is in a downright peculiar location, and their shared parking lot wasn't obviously marked when I went there so I had to search for street parking. That said, it really fits in a niche, and to my knowledge, there is nothing remotely like it here in town.

The one time I made it over, it was a really great spot for a quick (healthy-ish) lunch. I had their chili with fries (red skin, you have three different potato options) and chipotle "mayo" and it was an immense portion, probably enough for two, so quite affordable, and warm, spicy and delicious. It didn't feel "healthy" at all. The counter you sit at has nifty spots to place your fry cones. Wi-fi worked great, and there was excellent (local and organic) coffee as well. One drawback for me, being strict in their non-GMO, vegan identity, they only had almond or coconut milk I believe as creamer options, neither of which I care for in coffee. But otherwise, definitely a great place to get a quick, affordable, "healthy" lunch and some work done. I worry that this location (a very strange part of town) will be a detriment to their business, but really hope I'm wrong about that, and people will be curious (and desirous) enough to venture out to it. Especially for those GF vegans, who I imagine are throwing a parade of joy.

• Visited November 2013