“The best Cajun food in the city!”
Review of Mulate's Cajun Restaurant - CLOSED

Mulate's Cajun Restaurant
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 25, 2012

You can tell that everything is made from scratch! The food is amazing, and I loved the atmosphere of live cajun music on any given night! I had the grilled alligator and I'm still thinking about it! This is a must stop for any NOLA newbie or returnie!

There are newer reviews for Mulate's Cajun Restaurant

Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

We went to this restaurant on a Tuesday for dinner and to listen to the band. We had alligator for an appetizer, and it was the best we had in all of NOLA.

Around 8:00 the band started playing and people started dancing. It was so much fun watching everyone. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting NOLA.....it's kid friendly, also.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

This place was recommended to me by the hotel since I asked about finding gator. It is a short walk for anyone staying near the Convention Center and definitely worth a try. I had a sampler plate of many Cajun favourites including fried gator, grilled frog's legs, crawfish tails, calamari, Tilapia bites, etc. Ok, so this is a sampler for two but what the heck, gotta try it all right? Abita beer to go with this is the perfect compliment. Many nights they have live music featuring local bands and when they aren't playing, still a nice stream of music over the sound system to give you that Cajun feel. Go, seriously, go!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We enjoyed eating at Mulate's very much.
Their specials were simply amazing!
Great and fast service!
Would totally recommend!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I'd been here several years back when I was at a convention. This place is right across from the Convention Center and close to the Riverwalk Mall. My wife and I enjoyed the food, and the service was good. We had the catfish, jumbalaya, shrimp, and some sides. Everything was tasty and fresh.