“Loved the Lookout!”

and 1 more site!
Lookout Inn of New Orleans
Ranked #19 of 141 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We had the great pleasure of staying at the Lookout, we were fortunate enough to have the whole inn to ourselves with other family members. We hung out quite a bit in the cabana area, so private and beautiful. Kelly took great care of us, gave us privacy but was always available if we needed anything. The rooms are so cool, we had fun checking out everyone's room. The area bars are great, met so many fun people and the music is awesome. We will be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Kelly R, Owner at Lookout Inn of New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Hey Linda,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. You guys were SO much fun to have; I miss you already! Looking forward to your return. The Mardi Gras suite will be waiting for you!!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We saw the renovations - we saw the finished rooms....what a spectacular experience - an intimate setting that allows the 'ol time feel of a traditional yet eclectic Inn...cannot wait to come back again...Kelly and Mark are wonderful and passionate about keeping the guest experience 5 star!! Lea and David miss you already!!

Room Tip: Loved all of the themes - loved the Mardis Gras room
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lea R
Kelly R, Owner at Lookout Inn of New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Hi Lea,
Thank you for taking the time to share your passionate review of The Lookout! Mark and I are thrilled that you and David could see the progress. Looking forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We had the great fortune to stay at the Lookout Inn on our first visit to New Orleans. What a fabulous place in a great city! Immaculately clean and big, the themed rooms are so much fun. Beautiful romantic bathrooms (yes!--you'll understand when you see them), a pretty pool outside with a cabana and little sitting room. I cannot sing the praises of the Lookout enough! And make sure you check out Wilma's, a very interesting local bar.

Room Tip: If you need more room, please make sure you ask Kelly if the couch in your room is a foldout.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AS220
Kelly R, Owner at Lookout Inn of New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Hi Leigh,

I'm so glad you guys enjoyed your stay at The Lookout, and your first ever trip to New Orleans! Thank you for your compliments; they are truly appreciated. Looking forward to your return!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

This hidden jewel of an Inn is my absolutely favorite hotel in New Orleans. The four themed rooms are quirky and amazing. I usually prefer the Elvis suite but a recent stay in the Bollywood suite gave "the King" a run for his money. Super clean rooms, super comfortable beds and HUGE bathrooms. The courtyard is peaceful and scenic and the saltwater pool is a great place to relax after a day in the French quarter. The owners are extremely helpful and knowledgable about the city. The Bywater neighborhood where the Lookout is located has some very fun and funky restaurants/bars.

I loved the Lookout mascot/greeter Percival Winston--a very charming french bulldog. If I could have packed him up and taken him home I would have. But I did manage to snag a wonderful souvenir from my Bollywood suite. There was a decoration I just couldn't live without, so I asked, and the owners were more than willing to part with it for a very fair price. So if you see something you love in your room, just ask and it could be yours!!

One of the things that keep me coming back to the Lookout, besides the ambiance, is the affordability. I can stay for three nights at the Lookout compared to one night at a French Quarter hotel. And it's a much bigger room!!!

My family is actually looking at renting out the entire Inn for a family reunion because it is so cost-effective. If you want an authentic New Orleans experience, I highly recommend The Lookout Inn.

Room Tip: The room you choose totally depends on your "style" All rooms are quiet, clean and HUGE.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jonell K

Hi Jonell,

Mark and I can't thank you enough for your beautiful review of your recent stay at The Lookout. We're glad you enjoyed a comfortable night's sleep in our Bollywood suite. We hope you enjoyed your time in the French Quarter, as well as in the Bywater at some of our local bars and restaurants. Our mascot, Percival Winston, misses you already and can't wait for your return with the whole family! We'll be waiting to greet you.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Lookout Inn. Owners Kelly and Mark were delightful to work with and made us feel right at home. The suite was spacious and very clean. The back yard and pool was a private oasis. The neighborhood was quiet and we felt very safe. We found the weekday rate very affordable. We will definitely try to book another stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Debra M

Hi Deb & Lou,

I'm so glad you guys enjoyed your recent stay at The Lookout and found our inn to be spacious, clean and safe. Mark and I hope you enjoyed visiting with your son and we look forward to having you back again in the future.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I consider myself to be a bit picky when it comes to lodging accommodations. I put at least 5 hours of research into my options before I finally make the reservations. I called Kelly, the new owner, at least 6 times with different questions and she answered each call, and never sounded irritated. She was also responsive to emails.

If this place was half as good as I expected for the price, I would be satisfied. I was blown away when we arrived. It is a private, gated home with your own pool, hot tub, cabana, and sitting area with outside TV. There are 4 available suites. We booked 3 of the 4 suites. Each unit has a living room area, with TV and mini-fridge; a bedroom with queen bed and a full bath with shower. A floor to ceiling fireplace separates the living room and bedroom. Plenty of towels, ironing board and iron are available too. Individual A/C units in rooms.

The suites were easily worth paying $200 a night for. So it was a bargain to say the least. From a hard-to-please lodging researcher, I give the Lookout Inn 5 Stars!!!

Room Tip: Mardi Gras is deep red walls, rich tones, with a very comfy bed. Elvis Room is perfect for teenager...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Arkansasguest

Hey there!

I can't thank you enough for your beautiful review about your summer stay at The Lookout. As a travel enthusiast, I completely understand doing extensive research before booking a stay and I'm so glad that you chose us and that we could exceed your expectations! It was my pleasure to answer all of your questions; you and your family were excellent guests. Please consider us again on your next trip to New Orleans.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Upon arrival we were greeted by the new owner and welcomed to the Madi Gras suite. It is every bit as nice as described by the many positive reports here. The space in back with cabana and pool was also a pleasant place to be. The neighborhood, as well as the entire Bywater area, felt safe and a convenient base for enjoying New Orleans. It was very quiet and peaceful. We used public transportation at all times except to catch an Amtrak train at 7:00 AM on our last day. The number 5 bus actually goes right past the Lookout Inn.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bob W

Hi Bob,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your stay at The Lookout. We are glad you and your wife enjoyed your time in the Mardi Gras Suite and in our lush, outdoor area. We are also pleased that you guys enjoyed your experience with the public transportation and found it convenient to get around by bus. Mark and I look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to New Orleans.