“Great Suburban Location. Room was Small” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Direct and Save
Ranked #120 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great Suburban Location. Room was Small”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This hotel is located out of the Central Business District and French Quarter but is a wonderful option for those passing through or who don’t mind the short drive to the sites. The location is wonderful, right next to a very nice neighborhood. No big city feel here but more suburban. The parking was great and the staff very helpful. I was surprised that my room (408) was quite small. No real room for the suitcase rack without making it difficult to walk around. For one person, this works. For two with more luggage, it will be tough. I did appreciate that this property has upgraded to the Bath and Body products. A nice addition to the HIE standards. The price is more than some but not bad at all for being in New Orleans. The breakfast was standard but there was ample fresh fruit and a nice selection of everything even later in the serving times.

Room Tip: If you are a solo traveler, you will be fine. If you have two or more people, check to make sure yo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Karayan W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear EnjoyTravelAlways,

First, I'd like to thank you for providing us with such positive feedback. I am very pleased to hear that you found our staff accommodating, enjoyed breakfast , parking, and the location was convenient for you during your travels. I am sorry that you experienced a bit of discomfort with the size of your room. Although 95% of your stay seems to have gone smoothly, the other 5% is equally as important to us. Your next visit to New Orleans , please let me know and I will make sure we get you a room that is comfortable for your party.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My bf and I stayed in this hotel last month. Neither of us had ever been to NOLA so we were clueless about everything. Walked in to a very clean lobby and friendly staff We checked in with ease and got to our room. My only complaint was that we were given a smoking room and I prefer a non-smoking. But my bf smokes so it worked out. The front desk clerk, Kia went above and beyond her call of duty. She did everything except hold our hand to inform us of what things to do and how to get there. Even making sure we had her number in case we had trouble. We were extremely pleased with our stay and would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Kreed77,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to complete this review. We love getting feedback from our guest! I am ecstatic to hear that your stay with us was "wonderful". Our front desk staff is here to provide assistance with whatever you may need. I am thrilled to hear that Kia exceeded your expectations, I will pass this along to the staff. Please accept my apology for not providing you with your preferred room type. If you are in the New Orleans area again, please come back to visit and we will do our absolute best to ensure everything is perfect!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed here for one night midway through a road trip. It was easy to find and close to the interstate. The hotel was nice and clean. Jamie at the front desk was very welcoming and assisted with all my needs. The rooms were large enough to accommodate myself and one other person comfortably. The beds were comfortable with the option of soft or firm pillows. The guest room bathrooms were surprisingly large. Breakfast was ok, when I got there items needed to be replenished. Overall this was a good stay. Not much to see or do close by from what I saw but it didn't seem like a bad neighborhood.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I loved everything about this stay.The rooms were very clean, great choices for breakfast and they even provied dinner every night we stayed. This was one of the best hotels stays. The staff was amazing with my kids and the management was amazing :-) Thank you Jim and Jamie for making our stay so amazingly awesome :-)

Room Tip: The suites are really big and more than enough room for a family of 7 :-)
Texarkana, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Upon checking in, I was in need of a luggage cart. I was told they have not seem it the last 5 or 6 hours. They did not ever offer to find it. I had over 7 pieces of luggage to bring up without the cart.
The clerk was friendly but not very helpful.
Upon entering the room, we noticed the lamp shades were damaged and the closet door was off track.
I looked outside and there was a tiny swimming pool with a condemned looking gutted out vacant hotel next door.

We brought our issues to management and they happily fixed us up. They got us a better room and was very friendly.
Our new room was much better and the General Manager was so very nice and helpful to us. We asked her for some local knowledge about eating places and she not only told us about it she even printed up directions and offered to make reservations for us.
I must admit we were thinking about checking out of this hotel but I am glad we stayed. It is only about 10 minutes or so from the French Quarter and easy to get on and off the Interstate.
The Managers had a meet and greet from 5 to 7 pm Mon-Thursday that had free beer and wine.
I enjoyed this time with management and could vent any problems to them personally.
The breakfast was pretty good, the only thing I would change is that they have more than one meat at a time. Bacon one day, Ham the next and Sausage the next, I wish for bacon everyday but that is just my preference.
Upon checking out I easily found the luggage cart and got loaded up with ease.
The general Manager told us good bye and to have a safe trip.
I would stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: If you are not happy with your room, tell the general manager as soon as possible. She will try to m...
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Front desk staff was helpful and knowledgeable in the dining department. Housekeeping forgot to deliver fresh towels when they removed all the soiled towels.

Easy to find from the interstate. I had room 223. No problems with pest. I'd stay again.

Room Tip: It was 38 degrees outside, I turned the heat off to let the room cool down, it got hotter. We had to...
1 Thank Tavarris D
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I chose this location to stay for the 2012 Jazzfest. I really liked this hotel and would stay again. The hotel and rooms were very clean, the breakfast was nice and it was away from the hustle and bussle. The front desk assistants were very helpful and the hotel had shuttles that commuted the customers to the Jazzfest. I also liked that I did not have to pay daily for parking, which I would have had to do if I stayed in a downtown location.

The only negative notes were that there are no world renowned restaurants in the area and it takes a 10min ride to get to downtown New Orleans.

Great stay for the price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sean P
Karayan W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Sean P,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to share such positive feedback. We are very pleased to hear that the cleanliness and service of the hotel met your expectations. Also, thank you for bringing to our attention the shortage of world renowned restaurants in the area. We have taken this into consideration and have forwarded to the necessary people in hopes of expanding dining options in the near future. Please be sure to stay with us again during Jazzfest 2013.