WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #123 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Not bad at all”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed here for one night midway through a road trip. It was easy to find and close to the interstate. The hotel was nice and clean. Jamie at the front desk was very welcoming and assisted with all my needs. The rooms were large enough to accommodate myself and one other person comfortably. The beds were comfortable with the option of soft or firm pillows. The guest room bathrooms were surprisingly large. Breakfast was ok, when I got there items needed to be replenished. Overall this was a good stay. Not much to see or do close by from what I saw but it didn't seem like a bad neighborhood.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

I loved everything about this stay.The rooms were very clean, great choices for breakfast and they even provied dinner every night we stayed. This was one of the best hotels stays. The staff was amazing with my kids and the management was amazing :-) Thank you Jim and Jamie for making our stay so amazingly awesome :-)

Room Tip: The suites are really big and more than enough room for a family of 7 :-)
Texarkana, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Upon checking in, I was in need of a luggage cart. I was told they have not seem it the last 5 or 6 hours. They did not ever offer to find it. I had over 7 pieces of luggage to bring up without the cart.
The clerk was friendly but not very helpful.
Upon entering the room, we noticed the lamp shades were damaged and the closet door was off track.
I looked outside and there was a tiny swimming pool with a condemned looking gutted out vacant hotel next door.

We brought our issues to management and they happily fixed us up. They got us a better room and was very friendly.
Our new room was much better and the General Manager was so very nice and helpful to us. We asked her for some local knowledge about eating places and she not only told us about it she even printed up directions and offered to make reservations for us.
I must admit we were thinking about checking out of this hotel but I am glad we stayed. It is only about 10 minutes or so from the French Quarter and easy to get on and off the Interstate.
The Managers had a meet and greet from 5 to 7 pm Mon-Thursday that had free beer and wine.
I enjoyed this time with management and could vent any problems to them personally.
The breakfast was pretty good, the only thing I would change is that they have more than one meat at a time. Bacon one day, Ham the next and Sausage the next, I wish for bacon everyday but that is just my preference.
Upon checking out I easily found the luggage cart and got loaded up with ease.
The general Manager told us good bye and to have a safe trip.
I would stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: If you are not happy with your room, tell the general manager as soon as possible. She will try to m...
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Front desk staff was helpful and knowledgeable in the dining department. Housekeeping forgot to deliver fresh towels when they removed all the soiled towels.

Easy to find from the interstate. I had room 223. No problems with pest. I'd stay again.

Room Tip: It was 38 degrees outside, I turned the heat off to let the room cool down, it got hotter. We had to...
1 Thank Tavarris D
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I chose this location to stay for the 2012 Jazzfest. I really liked this hotel and would stay again. The hotel and rooms were very clean, the breakfast was nice and it was away from the hustle and bussle. The front desk assistants were very helpful and the hotel had shuttles that commuted the customers to the Jazzfest. I also liked that I did not have to pay daily for parking, which I would have had to do if I stayed in a downtown location.

The only negative notes were that there are no world renowned restaurants in the area and it takes a 10min ride to get to downtown New Orleans.

Great stay for the price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sean P
Karayan W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Sean P,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to share such positive feedback. We are very pleased to hear that the cleanliness and service of the hotel met your expectations. Also, thank you for bringing to our attention the shortage of world renowned restaurants in the area. We have taken this into consideration and have forwarded to the necessary people in hopes of expanding dining options in the near future. Please be sure to stay with us again during Jazzfest 2013.
Hattiesburg, MS
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My family and I had a reservation at this New Orleans East hotel while attending a convention in the area. We arrived at the hotel which looked nice and clean on the outside. I was greeted by the clerk and checked into my room pretty quickly with no problems. Once I arrived at my room and opened the door, an extremely strong odor of smoke hit me. This was the strongest smoke odor I have ever smelled at a hotel. I have been in smoking rooms before that would have a hint of smoke in them, but this room was so bad that I smelled like it after only walking in for about a minute. One of the walls also looked like it had been "patch painted". The new paint was a different color so each part that had been repainted stood out pretty bad. I went back downstairs to the front desk and told the clerk that my room smelled terrible. She looked at my reservation and told me that I was put down for a smoking room. I told her that I did not want a smoking room and could not sleep with that smell. She told me she had no more double rooms but could give me a king room. I told her that all four of us could not sleep in a king bed. She then told me there was nothing she could do. I again told her I could not sleep in that room and she responded "I'm sorry, but I can't do anything." Since I'm a Priority Club Platinum member and made the reservations through them, I told her I would call them for help. She responded, "They can't do anything about it." This is not the way to treat a customer that is tired from traveling and in this situation. I called Priority Club and explained the situation to guest relations. They assured me that the hotel manager would contact me within 5 minutes to resolve the situation. Fifteen minutes later, I had received no call so I called Priority Club back and had them move me to another hotel. I was moved to the Holiday Inn in Slidell. The new hotel was much, much better and more in line with how a Holiday Inn should be. This whole situation could have been so much better if the front desk clerk would have offered to try and help me find another room in the area. I response of "I can't do anything about it" is not the right answer. I still have heard nothing from the manager of this hotel. The Priority Club did make sure I was not charged for the room.

Room Tip: If you don't smoke, make sure they don't try to stick you in a smoking room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank Stacy T
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Stacy T,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to New Orleans, LA.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these New Orleans hotels

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Great staff, room clean, great breakfast, clean property. Stop at this hotel on our way home to Memphis, Tennessee. Great location on minutes from burbon street and action. Lots of shops in area, Staff was soooooooooooo helpful. Great bed and we got a smoking room

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family