“Good lodging, easy access”

Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East
Ranked #128 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
Tampa, Florida
“Good lodging, easy access”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

As previously mentioned New Orleans East is not a glamourous location, but this recently renovated hotel met our every need -- with easy access from I-10. We found the rooms to be quiet and comfortable and the free wifi was not too congested. The French Quarter is about 15 minutes away, but prices here are far more affordable than hotels in town, especially with the free parking, with large parking spaces. Would definitely come back if our travels take us this way again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Doug S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Atlanta
Reviewed July 26, 2012

New Orleans East is not noted for glamour, but this recently renovated budget chain hotel pleases with gorgeous carpet, gleaming tiled public spaces, and granite showers and baths—it all feels a bit uptown. I found the rooms to be quiet and comfortable and I appreciated the rainfall shower head and the free wifi. The French Quarter is about 15 minutes away, but prices here are far more affordable than hotels in town—I’d call this a luxury bargain.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank reprof
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The staff was very friendly and nice. Altogether the hotel was clean and very presentable and it is now my choice of hotel in that area.The breakfast area was clean and quite tasty. It wasn't a bad drive to the downtown area but it was doing Essence Festival and the traffic was hectic.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tynishajenell
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We had to book here at the last minute when our original reservation fell through. Clean, quiet and close to I-10. 10-15 minute drive into town is true, but not terrible. Attentive staff, good small gym and filling breakfast items. Worth the money.

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank Kaliahpr
Florence, KY
Reviewed June 15, 2012

This hotel is a good 15 minutes from the French Quarter without traffic. We knew that going in and since we had a rental car, it was not a huge deal. We stayed here on my husband's points and understandably it took a lot less points than a downtown hotel would have.The outside and grounds were well maintained and the lobby was attractive. The staff we came in contact with were friendly and helpful with the exception of the woman who took care of the breakfast buffet. She did not seem to like her job or her customers very much. The selection of food for the breakfast buffet was excellent and the food was very good. The bathroom was large but the room was small. We had a king size bed and there was room for only a desk, no table in this room. And with having a refrigerator and microwave it would have been nice to have a table to eat at. Our room overlooked the parking lot and since there were not a lot of other guests, it was quiet. For the 5 days we were there, the one thing I didn't care for was how cold the hallway was to our room. We were a distance from the elevator and every time I stepped into that hallway I felt like I was entering a walk in refrigerator. As with many sections of East New Orleans, restoration of the area is very spotty and there are few businesses and restaurants close by. If you did not have a car, it would be difficult to find any place to eat that is close by.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lastmanager
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2012

This Holiday Inn is fine as a hotel but is just a little too far outside of New Orleans. It's about 10 miles to the city centre and this means if you want to sample the night life (and you must) you need to pay for taxis. We tried the taxis and although the journey was fine, 20mins or so, the cost was around $30 each way! The hotel itself lacked a little finesse, the rooms were clean and the receptionists were very helpful, but the teas and coffees were rarely replenished and there was some noise from other guests (not the hotels fault I must add). All in all a comfortable stay but too far from anywhere and anything; if I were to return to New Orleans I would choose a hotel closer to, or in, the city.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cmps_01
Milwaukee
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Hotel is clean and appears to be recently remodeled. Room is nicely furnished, clean, flat screen tv, coffeemaker, refrigerator, clean and comfortable bed. It has short stubby pillows but it doesn't bother me since I always bring my own anyway. Large bathroom with nicely done shower. Shower curtain was a bit short but workable. Water pressure could have been better. Suction toilet was nice. Well lit parking lot.

Neighborhood is sketchy. I wouldn't walk around, especially at night but there isn't really anything to walk to anyway. A ten minute trip will get you to the French Quarter.

Now the HUGE dealbreaker for me. I came here to lie out in the sun and absorb all those rays. Well, I'm on day 3 and the pool area is still closed. They keep telling me it will be open soon (hours) but it never is. I was again promised tomorrow it would be open. Which is my last freaking day. Honestly, I think they just don't want to open it because then they will have to pay to clean it(to an outside vendor). If it is not open by checkout time I'm canceling my last night and going across the street to Comfort Suites. If you need a clean place to crash this will work for you but don't expect much else.

Room Tip: Room 300 was nice. At the end of the hallway (so less traffic) and I was able to look out at my car...