TripAdvisor
New Orleans
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews hot tub sun room cake cafe french quarter few blocks minute walk continental breakfast is a wonderful place to stay an easy walk each morning yogurt nola chartres antiques courtyard streetcar action
Selected filters
Reviewed December 19, 2018

Ed is a wonderful host. The Lion's in is just outside the French Quarter, so it is a break from the hustle of the city. Frenchmen St. is a very short walk. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and tranquil. Flowers, fountains, and garden paths provide a perfect setting to relax in. Rooms have lovely furnishings. We absolutely loved our visit!

Date of stay: December 2018
Reviewed October 3, 2018

We have been to New Orleans many times, this is our first stay at Lions Inn. The pool area was the most beautiful and relaxing spot ever! Close walk to all of our favorite places and also discovered new ones. This will be our return spot every time we visit NOLA!
Thank you Ed for the special treat of champagne for our anniversary!

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed September 22, 2018

Just returned from a trip to New Orleans. This was our second time but first time staying in this area! We could easily walk to Frenchmen Street about 5 blocks down the street. The streetcar in the French Quarter isn't that much further either if you want to go to the downtown area! The pool area is spectacular and even more magical at night with lights all over. Every morning the house has classical music playing and a very nice display of breakfast choices- cereals, bagels, fruit, walnuts..! Hot coffee! It's a wonderful place and we felt very welcome and comfortable.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed July 22, 2018

Everyone knows New Orleans is hectic, noisy and great fun. In the middle of all this is The Lions Inn, the most serene place we have ever stayed. Through the green gate off the street is a different world, so quiet, peaceful and relaxing. Ed is a fantastic host with an amazing team. Everyone is so friendly and helpful but so unobtrusive at the same time. Anyone thinking of staying here wont regret it, it's amazing.

Room tip: room 1 and the sun room are ground floor and open onto the beautiful gardens.
Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed May 30, 2018

I really enjoyed my stay at the Lions Inn. I was in New Orleans for my birthday and the staff were super accommodating. I planned a photoshoot and Ed allowed me to have some photos taken on the property. He was so nice and even let my photographer in when I was running behind from my makeup appointment. The staff communicated well, everything was clean and the property is beautiful. It's in a nice quite location but close enough to all the action on Frenchmen street and the French Quarter. I would definitely recommend this place to others and can hopefully stay here again in the future. Be sure to visit the bakery across the street!

Date of stay: May 2018