“Ideal Getaway”

Ranked #35 of 138 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Crowley, Texas, USA
“Ideal Getaway”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary and had not really been on a trip together alone (other than to see family) since our honeymoon. We took advantage of our kids' spending the summer with their grandmother to get away for a few days by ourselves. This was the perfect trip! The Lion's Inn was charming and had everything we needed. I enjoyed my time at the B&B as much as the time we spent exploring New Orleans. Ed was a fabulous host, seeing that all of our needs were taken care of, but never getting in the way. We had a fantastic time and would absolutely recommend this sweet little oasis to anyone! The location is ideal, too. We were able to park our car at the inn and walk all over the French Quarter. I would go back in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: We were in Room 1, which has a view of the pool. It was fantastic!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank librarygoddess76036

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Wakefield, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My husband and I loved the Lion's Inn for it proximity to the French Quarter and streetcars, friendly host and colorful guests we met daily at the 5 p.m. wine and cheese hour. This inn is clean, well run and has a charming space at the rear of the property that includes swimming pool, poi pond, little winding paths and tropical foliage. There are some neighborhood restaurants worth trying and several bars featuring live music. A nice place to relax after tooling around the French Quarter. we highly recommend the Lion's Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear of the property just in case construction is in progress in the roadway...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gail0105
boca raton
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We absolutely loved our stay at the Lion's Inn. Celebrating our 30th Wedding Anniversary in such a wonderful locale that offered everything and then some. It was truly a blessing all things were in divine order - an oasis that truly allowed us a stress free experience. Definitely an establishment that prides themselves in excellent customer service. It's not a job for them and we felt the love!!! We'll be back soon...

Dale & Phylis Quammie 6/3/13

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank qabwin2k
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Lion's Inn has accomodated my guests and I for two very special events we've held in New Orleans. Both times they have been absolutely wonderful for making us feel welcome and helping out with the arrangements and planning for our events.

Ed, the owner of the property, truly cares about the hospitality he provides to his customer's. Each morning he provides a simple, yet very fulfilling breakfast and in the evenings invites guests for a wine & cheese hour if they wish. He also provides bicycles free of charge for those eager to peddle around the area.

The location of the Inn is situated in Fauborg Marigny neighborhood and is a 5 minute walk to Frenchmen street and 10-15 walk to the French Quarter. The actual property is a house with an additional house composed of rooms and down the street is a property with apartments for larger parties. I've stayed in both the Inn itself and the apartments and each are very nice. The Inn has a courtyard in the back that is simply amazing! At night you'll hear the bullfrogs and the lush vegetation just makes you feel in a different world. For swimmers, a pool and jacuzzi is in the courtyard too.

I highly recommend the Lion's Inn if you truly want southern, New Orleans hospitality for an affordable price and if you value person-to-person interaction and quality customer service. The Lion's Inn has been a wonderful experience in our travels to New Orleans and I can't express how grateful it has been to stay at such a great Bread and Breakfast!

Room Tip: For larger parties 4 ppl to 8 ppl, consider the apartments down the street from the Inn.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 404Matt
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Lion's Inn is a lovely B&B in Faubourg Marigny -- my favorite neighborhood to stay in New Orleans.

The property consists of two side-by-side houses that have been converted to guest rooms. The garden out back has a pool and a hot tub. The garden area was a welcome respite when I was too tired or just wanted some quiet time. I stayed in Room B -- the smallest room in the place -- and it is very small, but it is also very affordable. If you are traveling alone, this is a good option, though having two people in that room at once becomes a crowd. Also note that some rooms have shared baths, as was the case with my room. I never had an issue with this and found my neighbors to be very respectful.

Ed is a marvelous, very kind host, who saw to my every need and was always handy to give a recommendation or assist in any way. One touch that I appreciated more than I can say is the bicycles provided by the property. I rode all over New Orleans on those bikes and it was a fast and easy way to get around town.

The neighborhood is charming and safe, with several terrific dining and nightlife spots nearby. It's about 15 mins on foot to the edge of the French Quarter, and about 25 mins on foot to Jackson Square.

All of this comes with the usual B&B caveats -- this is a converted house, not a hotel, so you will hear creaking floors, conversations from your neighbors, doors opening and closing, etc., but this was not an issue for me. I would stay here again, and have already recommended to friends.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank drpipt
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed May 13, 2013

A very quiet, peaceful, and relaxing retreat within walking distance of the French Quarter. They offer complimentary bikes for those who are interested as well as an complimentary wine and cheese hour. The pool, garden, and pond area is well-maintained and very enjoyable.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 1, a mere few steps from the pool and the patio area.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank CaverScott
toronto ontario canada
Reviewed May 13, 2013

a quiet small and clean retreat where u feel safe and comfortable and with the jazz and restaurants close by in Marigny you do not need to go to the French Qtr every nite ... and Ed is most cordial and gracious.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple