“Deception and indifference is their moto.”

Lions Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #34 of 138 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Irving, Texas
“Deception and indifference is their moto.”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

First and most importantly, the B&B is not 5 blocks from the French Quarter. Perhaps the outer edge but you will be walking 13 blocks each way to the action. Secondly, one of the owners was very condescending when I inquired about taking a bus to the airport instead of a taxi. I explained that I am a budget traveler. He point out that "the patrons at his B&B would not take a bus and he knows nothing about it." I told him that I found it on the internet and it was called the Jefferson Express bus. With the computer in the next room, he did not even make an effort to get the info for me. I find very interesting because when I have stayed at hostels in Europe, they take the time to find transportation info for me. He then said if I found out to let him know. I then asked if tourist information was open on Sunday. He appeared indifferent to the question and again did not bother to find out. He stated that since " I travel with a dog I should expect to pay more money." Way out of line. I personally would never stay at this establishment again due to the treatment. The B&B is nice enough but the proprietor is lacking. Finally, every morning at 4:30 the freight train would blow its whistle.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Erica K
fmclamb1, Owner at Lions Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
We welcomed this guest to our B&B with her dog, that was allowed to stay free, in her single $50.00 per night economy room. However, this is one of the few times that the "needs" of the guest outstripped our ability to satisfy them.

We did have to step in when her constant talk of her dog and of herself was making some of our guest uneasy. We were amazed to hear her talk about how she worked the "system" to keep the very sweet dog with her at ALL times, even supplied a doctor's note.

As for our deception: we are 5 blocks from the Quarter. Unfortunately, she took her dog to the Barkus parade which is about 13 blocks into the Quarter. I also told her that there was no express bus to the airport. True, there is a bus that goes to the airport but the bus stop is over 2 miles away from the Lions Inn. Since she was leaving early in the morning, I suggested that a cab would best for her. I am sorry if she took this to be indiffernce on my part.

As for the train whistle, I can call the train company and let them know that the whistle is bothersome to guests at times. Thank you,Lions Inn, Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Purvis, Mississippi
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We have tried many hotels and B/Bs over the years in N.O. but always come back to Lions Inn. Owner, Mr. McLamb, and his excellent staff, simply cannot improve on the warm and exceptional services, accommodations, beauty and Old World European style of rooms and grounds. Back yard is our favorite oasis, with hot tub, cocktails and pool. And easy parking, safe neighborhood, lovely cafes, and easy walk to Vieux Carre. You simply cannot ask for a more utopian setting and retreat.

Room Tip: Depends on how many are in your party. Mr McLamb has a room or apartment, condo with kitchen and l...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 17, 2012

We were put in a condo on Dauphine st and were stuck without internet or phone or any sympathy.it wouldnt have been so bad if Ed hadnt denied that there was a problem. I thought the customer was always right. Watch out for the 40 dollar Cleaning fee attached.

• Stayed January 2012
White Hall, Arkansas
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I stayed in the Honeymoon cottage which is two doors down from the Lions Inn. The
Lions Inn manages this property and I must say, does a fabulous job! The house was
clean, well stocked, and I feel very sure if a problem popped up they would be there to take
care of it. Fortunately, everything was awesome! The folks I met associated with the
Lions Inn were very gracious. I would recomment either place, Lions Inn or Honeymoon
Cottage, or any other Lions Inn properties for your vacation.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HPChamb
Kernersville, North Carolina
Reviewed December 3, 2011

This has been the 3rd year we have come to the Lion's Inn B&B for the Thanksgiving Holiday, and once again it did not disappoint! Everything looks fresh and well maintained and we were welcomed all around. The Lion's Inn is the type of place where you don't just come and stay the night and have your breakfast, you become part of a NOLA family! We plan to return next year for Thanksgiving as well. We love the location being ajacent to the French Quarter. You can walk into the quarter, eat, see the sights, have a drink, and then come back away from all the hubub and relax. It's easy to get back on the interstate and go and see any of the local planatations or wineries or other attractions. And don't miss the wine and cheese hour where you can sit and enjoy a nice glass of wine and get to know others staying at the B&B. A great place to stay!!

Room Tip: We've stayed in the Sunroom and Room 1 facing the pool area. Both are great rooms facing the be...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HankinNC
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I came here to write a review but my thoughts have already been articulated so clearly in the review “Nice place to experience real New Orleans" just two down from mine.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Tralee
Reviewed October 9, 2011

eight nights in the Lions Inn gave me peace, a great sleep, a fabulous pool and garden, helpful and gracious hosts, great conversation with other guests and free bicycle to roam Bywater, Marigny, French Quarter, City Park and City centre. I just love this place, what a find (thanks Trip Advisor!). Eat in Schiros, Flora Cafe, Elizabeths, Cake Cafe, all very nearby. Hear the best music on Frenchman, a short stroll away, and check out the blues at BMC. You'll be glad you did. I could not fault Lions Inn. The rooms are great, the surroundings tropically beautiful and your hosts leave you to it unless you have a query or a need. I loved Lions Inn and am already saving my Euros for my next sojourn there. Recommended and Approved.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo