“So glad I stayed here, I really felt at home.”

Garden District B&B
Ranked #41 of 142 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed upstairs in the Rose Room and in all honestly I expected the room to be quite small from the pictures but they don't really do it justice. I found the room rather sizeable and was surprised to find out that I had my own kitchen area too. I loved this, it really made it feel like a home away from home for me which is a real comfort during 3 months of travelling. I really liked the set up of breakfast too so I could just dash downstairs in my pjs, grab what I wanted and head back to my room to heat it up or whatever was needed.

I wanted to stay a little bit out of the French Quarter and this position was just perfect. It has a bus stop almost right out front and it is just a short bus ride to the French Quarter and about an $8 cab ride back if you're coming back late. It is super close to lots of fantastic shops and restaurants in the Garden District and only a few blocks away from the Lafayette No. 1 cemetery. I also went to the superdome for a Saints game very easily too - I just walked up to Saint Charles Ave, jumped on a street car and walked a little further to the superdome. A few people had also made me a bit nervous about travelling to New Orleans on my own but I never ever felt unsafe.

The owners Raynell and Luis are just wonderfully kind people and very knowledgeable about where the good food is at! They were always happy to answer my questions. Luis even gave me a lift to the Amtrak station when he ran into me waiting for a cab out front which was a god send as I was standing there with my massive backpack on my back feeling very unwell. I would definitely stay here again and I will recommend it to anyone I know travelling to the great city of New Orleans.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank vargasgirl1984

Reviewed October 30, 2013

My friend and I stayed here on a weekend trip to New Orleans. We love this B&B! The hosts were very accommodating in letting us drop our bags off after an early morning arrival and storing them for a late afternoon flight.

We stayed in a suite with a bedroom and a living room area with a daybed plus a balcony overlooking Magazine Street. We had plenty of room for just the two of us. I The room was clean, comfortable and very homey.

The fridge was stocked with milk, juice and yogurt plus cereal and coffee were in the room. They don't offer a full breakfast and that was fine with us since we came to NOLA to enjoy the great restaurants.

The Garden District is a great area in and of itself. Lots of shops, restaurants and bars and I'd say just as much fun as the Quarter only less hectic. The streetcar line is just a few blocks from the B&B. The cab ride back from the Quarter was $10 plus tip.

We would stay here again for sure. Can't say enough about how nice and accommodating the innkeepers were.

Room Tip: If you have an issue with climbing stairs, I wouldn't recommend rooms upstairs. The stairwells...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank BrookeLynne7
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were lucky to find this great place. Very comfortable and easy to deal with. Available but non-intrusive. If you want a big bathroom you could be disappointed but we didn't find it a problem. Bus service was just outside the door an very dependable. Can't say enough good about this excellent b+b.

Room Tip: The porch room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jay G
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed for a weekend while moving my niece into Tulane for fall term. It is convenient to Tulane and to Magazine street restaurants and stores . There is ample street parking . The owners are quite lovely hosts and are helpful . Computer and printer are available for your use . Complimentary Breakfast is provided. Rates are very reasonable . Would stay again !

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank catherine115
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed at the B&B in April for the first weekend of Jazzfest. In my opinion, this is the best location in NOLA. Magazine St is packed with resturants, shops and locals. It is less touristy than the Quarter. As other reviewers said, it is a short walk to St. Charles for the Street car. The bus out front took us right to the Canal Street car, taking us close to the Fair Grounds and Jazz Fest.
To tell the truth, when I first went in to our room, I was a little disappointed. We had the front room. It was a bit dark and gloomy. By the end of the day, it did not matter. The room was large and had it's own kitchen area. The bathroom was small but duable. Having our own entrance and use of the front porch was convienent. Each day, Raynell would refresh our fridge with juice, yogurt, milk, etc. Our last day, Raynell sat and talked to us about NOLA, our cross country trip and tips on traveling. She was great. We will be back next year, but this time we will stay in the Garden room.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daleyjessup
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The hostess was gracious & accommodating, the old school Victorian charm of the house complete with classy furniture was irresistible, the central location in the heart of the charming garden district with amazing mansions all around was unbeatable and downtown/French quarters was barely a 5 minute car drive away --- 5 star without a doubt

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Akshay J
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We have stayed at the Garden District B & B several times and highly recommend it. The rooms are beautifully furnished, roomy and comfortable. The location in the quiet and beautiful Garden District is wonderful right on Magazine Street with many lovely restaurants and shops nearby, a short walk to the St. Charles street car, and a bus to downtown right outside the door. Raynell is lovely, sharing helpful tips and doing all she can to make guests feel welcomed.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family