“This place is so good I couldn't believe the price I paid for it” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter
Ranked #39 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“This place is so good I couldn't believe the price I paid for it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2010

Stopped at this hotel on our cross country road trip.

It's a right in the middle of the French Quarter in New Orleans---built into 5 historic old building. The place is beautiful. It was so nice that we had to check our Credit Card to be sure the price we were paying was correct---it was that much of a value.

The room was huge (a suite). Quiet. Clean. Free Wifi. Bar in the hotel. Front desk attendants helpful and friendly. In fact, I accidentally left my personal pillow here by mistake, drove back an hour later to get it and it was waiting for me in the lost and found.

Parking can be tough. I recommend the valet parking which is roughly $24 per day.

Overall it was a great experience.

Room: 501. A suite. Big. 2 TV's. Cool. Clean. Quiet. 2 beds and 1 sofa bed.

Bathroom: Big.

Room Locks: Has deadbolt.

Airconditioning: Great.

Refrigerator: Yes.

Vending and Ice machines: Yes

Laundry: I think so.

WIFI: Yes. No password. Worked and connected fast.

Fitness Center: Saw it. Looked fine.

Pool: Small outdoor pool in the courtyard. Pretty--but small.

Jogging possibilities: Yes, if you like running in the city. The riverfront is a few blocks away.

Dogs/Pets: I doubt it.

Staff: Very friendly and attentive. Parking valets and outside attendants are very nice.

Breakfast: OK. The space for breakfast is a bit jammed for the number of guests in the hotel. There are outside seats near the bar and in the lobby, but getting to the coffee can be touch as the waffle line backs up into it.

Complimentary Papers: I don't think so.

Parking: Valet is easy. Not sure about anything else.

Safety: Great. Looks like a safe place. The neighborhood looks fine.

Brochures: Not sure.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (637)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2010

Even though this is a 3 star hotel, we received 5 star treatment. Actually, I'm selling the staff a little short. I have stayed at 5 star hotels with excellent service, but this staff was gracious and very hospitable. I felt more like I was staying with long lost relatives than at a hotel. There wasn't a single staff member who did not greet us, including the guys re-painting the place and housekeeping staff. And due to the small size, we pretty much new 1/2 the staffs name by the time we left (special shout out to Aaron who went above and beyond on many occasions and to Johnny who let us keep our yummy left overs in the fridge so we could enjoy our meal that much longer). As many other reviews have mentioned, the rooms are on the smaller side and the TV's are not brand new plasmas (but really if you are planning on spending time watching TV, you are missing out on a great city), and the pool is just a hair bigger than a tub but everything is clean, the internet and breakfast are free and there are complimentary cookies at the front desk. It really is the best value in the city

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank joey1603
kellyconn7997
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2010

We went to New Orleans for our anniversary. I did some research and finally choose the Country Inn and very happy I did. This place was perfect. It had so much charm - I just feel in love. This first reason I choose this hotel is because breakfast was included and not many hotels in the French Quarter have breakfast included. And the breakfast was different everyday and so good especially the fruit and make your own waffles!! Second there is also cookies included. So if you stumbling back from Bourbon Street nice to pick up a cookie before going to bed. Third - PERFECT LOCATION. Looking at the map it looks far but Bourbon Street was not a far walk at all. I brought sneakers because I thought I would be doing a lot of walking but I didnt even need to use them because everything was so close. And then you have the Riverwalk right across the street along with the streetcar -- it was perfect! The price was right too plus we got upgraded with a suite with even asking! Only bad thing is the pool was small bad it was open all night!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kellyconn7997
Hillsdale, Wy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2010

We booked this hotel based on location and price (low rate through Resorts Plus International). When we arrived, it was worth it! Nice clean hotel. Close to everything! Staff were nice and accomodating. We really enjoyed our trip.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BillyBobAce
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2010

This was the best hotel I have stayed in for a long time. There was not a single thing missing: free internet, nice breakfast (included in the price), clean and spacious room and bathroom with all amnities, staff was incedibly helpful (they let me know that expedia mistakenly made two reservations:-), location is great, a few blocks from Bourbon Street, and it was all for $80... Didn't try the pool but who cares... Be back definitely. I rate them five stars in all categories ... and no - this is not one of those fake reviews.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Orlando, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2010

My fiance and I just went for a little 3-day getaway and I was more than pleased with the majority of our stay. The hotel really is in an excellent location as we were able to walk just a couple blocks to the Quarter and a few blocks to Bourbon St. We even hopped on the Canal St. Streetcar a couple blocks away! The hotel is centrally located and very convenient. I wasn't too impressed with the rooms, but there was nothing wrong with them. The TV signal wasn't all that great, but we didn't spend alot of time in the room! Breakfast was great as there were hot options and we had some different choices each day. I found the staff to be hospitable and I enjoyed the fact that they had some toiletries at no cost, such as mouthwash and other personal items at the front desk. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2010

We travelled to New Orleans with the family (two small children) and we picked this hotel mainly because of the location and the great reviews in TripAdvisor. This is a typical Country Inn hotel: nice decoration and environment, clean beds, free wi-fi, breakfast included (the breakfast is OK for a 3-star hotel). The building is a beautifully renovated warehouse with many of the initial features preserved. It has an indoor yard with glass ceiling (nice!), but this may be a problem if you get a room overlooking it, because of the potential for noise. There is an swimming pool, but this is a really small swimming pool, good only for playing with small children. Also, it is an open swimming pool, so every morning someone has to collect leaves and anything else that had fell in it.
The hotel is located in the warehouse district, 3-4 blocks away from Canal Str (the beginning of French Quarters) and 4-5 blocks away from the Convention Center. So, great location, unless it's raining and you are on foot.
The service was probably not one of the best we have received, but this could be because of a policy oversight on our part. Apparently, if the day of your arrival you call them to let them know you can not make it and that you will arrive early next morning, then they will charge you for the room for that day (understandable), but nevertheless they will give it to someone else. We arrived at 9:30 am the day after our planned arrival only to find out that our room (for which we had been charged $200 already) was given away and that the check in time for us was 3 pm! Not the best situation to be when traveling with two kids. Thankfully someone checked out promptly at 12 noon (or earlier) and the hotel manager called us at 12:30 to let us know there was a room for us.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family