Stopped at this hotel on our cross country road trip.
It's a right in the middle of the French Quarter in New Orleans---built into 5 historic old building. The place is beautiful. It was so nice that we had to check our Credit Card to be sure the price we were paying was correct---it was that much of a value.
The room was huge (a suite). Quiet. Clean. Free Wifi. Bar in the hotel. Front desk attendants helpful and friendly. In fact, I accidentally left my personal pillow here by mistake, drove back an hour later to get it and it was waiting for me in the lost and found.
Parking can be tough. I recommend the valet parking which is roughly $24 per day.
Overall it was a great experience.
Room: 501. A suite. Big. 2 TV's. Cool. Clean. Quiet. 2 beds and 1 sofa bed.
Room Locks: Has deadbolt.
Vending and Ice machines: Yes
Laundry: I think so.
WIFI: Yes. No password. Worked and connected fast.
Fitness Center: Saw it. Looked fine.
Pool: Small outdoor pool in the courtyard. Pretty--but small.
Jogging possibilities: Yes, if you like running in the city. The riverfront is a few blocks away.
Dogs/Pets: I doubt it.
Staff: Very friendly and attentive. Parking valets and outside attendants are very nice.
Breakfast: OK. The space for breakfast is a bit jammed for the number of guests in the hotel. There are outside seats near the bar and in the lobby, but getting to the coffee can be touch as the waffle line backs up into it.
Complimentary Papers: I don't think so.
Parking: Valet is easy. Not sure about anything else.
Safety: Great. Looks like a safe place. The neighborhood looks fine.
Brochures: Not sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its home-like decor and plentiful amenities, the Country Inn & Suites, New Orleans French Quarter offers comfort and convenience in the heart of downtown New Orleans. Our historic hotel is comprised of seven 19th century buildings, giving it a charming, boutique feel that artfully blends old world charm with modern comforts. Our prime location on Magazine Street near the French Quarter places our guests close to many nearby New Orleans activities and attractions, including Bourbon Street and the Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Country Inn And Suites New Orleans
- Country Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Country Inn