The hotel is only a couple of blocks from Canal Street and the French Quarter so it's great for tourists who are in town for the touristiest place in the city. I was here for a conference and the convention center, though look close, is about a 20 minute walk. It's far away enough from all the hectic affairs and close enough to walk. It's nestled in a quieter corner in the district and perfect for those who seek serene relaxation after a day of conference or something else.
The staff was also exceptional. I wanted to make a photocopy of something and asked for the direction to Fedex (two locations nearby). The staff volunteered to help me make copies with their own copy machine. Overall, just very pleasant and always wear a smile.
The lobby while nothing like that of Bellagio in Las Vegas, is surprising distinct and stylish, different from the hospital lobby you seen in larger hotels. The exposed wood beams on the raised ceilings feels a little bit like a wood cabin resort, but the tiled floor gave a modern and urban sophistication.
The room that I stayed in is not huge but has a king size bed. Strong airconditioning. No view. Most importantly, it was clean and felt recently renovated and no weird stodgy carpet smell common in other hotels.
The only area of improvement is probably the dining options. The complimentary breakfast was very simple. Cerals, bagels. I don't recall seeing anything hot but I can be mistaken. There's no restaurant and only a bar for late night drinks at the lobby. Plenty of arm chairs in the lobby for lounging and casual meetings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its home-like decor and plentiful amenities, the Country Inn & Suites, New Orleans French Quarter offers comfort and convenience in the heart of downtown New Orleans. Our historic hotel is comprised of seven 19th century buildings, giving it a charming, boutique feel that artfully blends old world charm with modern comforts. Our prime location on Magazine Street near the French Quarter places our guests close to many nearby New Orleans activities and attractions, including Bourbon Street and the Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Country Inn And Suites New Orleans
- Country Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Country Inn