“The best hotel we've stayed at!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter
Ranked #29 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
“The best hotel we've stayed at!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The room was spacious (king suite with sofa bed had a door between the living room and bedroom), the sofa bed was comfortable, the shower had great pressure and the location was fantastic. The only downside was that often the breakfast area was so packed in the morning, it was hard to find any available table. The pool is small but you're not there for the pool. I will look for country inn and suites in the future. Very impressed!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
mlarose9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
We know there are some great hotels out there, so it is really appreciated that you think we are the best you have experienced! Thanks for sharing the review! We hope you get to come back and visit with us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (603)
  • Turkish first
Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We were very happy with everything we experienced at this County Inn & Suites NO French Quarter. It was very close to Canal and Bourbon street and where it was situated kept the nose from the Canal street traffic to none. Walking distance to the museums, the Riverwalk, casino, you name it, was very close. It had great charm, the staff were very friendly, especially Pamela Benjamin, who worked in the breakfast area. She greeted us every morning with a smile and a happy attitude! The rooms were very clean, nice and comfortable. We would definitely recommend this place as well as come back to it. There also was a filming going on outside of room in the street that was cool to watch.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing street if possible. Our room faced the alley and didn't have much to see.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Location
1 Thank FamilyJuly2014
mlarose9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We really love knowing that guests had 5 star experiences. We hope that you get to come back and visit again soon.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

The Country Inn & Suites was a pleasant surprise uniquely located very close to the French Quarters. Eddie the concierge was extremely helpful. The room was clean and housekeeping was great. There was an issue with the quoted room rate and what I was charged,so if considering staying, remember to bring your printed copy of your reservation. Other than that, the hotel was centrally located within walking distance of Bourbon, the French Quarters and the Superdome.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kimberly D
mlarose9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thanks for the review, Kimberly. I am glad that you had a great stay. I apologize for any mistakes on the rate and I happy to know you were able to get it straightened out with the front office. If there is anything else we can do - do not hesitate to let us know!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff and decent room for what was advertised as a 3 star hotel. Walking distance to bourbon street and world war 2 museum. Just didn't have any natural light as the only windows were facing the interior of the hotel. But we didn't have a problem with that, was just odd.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for sharing the feedback and we are glad you had a great stay. Most rooms do have the exterior windows, but due to the historic nature of the property there are a few that were unable and instead have the interior windows that you noted. If you have a preference on future stays, definitely let us know and we will do our best to accommodate.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Great location to every area you want to visit. Easy walk to Bourbon, French Quarter, Cafe Du Monde, Jackson Square, St. Louis Cathedral, and casino! Friendly staff but the kind bartender John made it! What a genuine person who is so willing to share his story, New Orleans history, Katrina tragedy, and any other thing you desire to know. I would come back here just for his company and positive energy! I hope they keep him around as long as he is willing!

Stayed July 2014
We definitely plan on keeping him around! Hopefully you can come back to New Orleans and visit with us (and him) again soon!
Portsmouth, Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Disappointed to say the least.

We arrived in New Orleans after driving through Tornado Warnings. At least we knew what we were going to.

We were excited when we arrived, it looked the same. We checked in and was given our room key as our room was ready. We were directed to the rear lifts with our large trolley of cases.

As we walked through to the room we had to climb stairs so unloaded the trolley of all the cases and then found that we were right by the main lift with no stairs in sight.

The room was lovely, in fact I am sure it was the same room as last year.

Breakfast was not as good. They kept running out of things and you had to wait ages for them to top it up and the choice was not brilliant.

We received the bill and it said nothing about the parking charges. I had in fact booked and paid for this in advance. As I had to get a trolley from the front door for our cases I checked at reception and was told that it was not included. I stated that I would get my paperwork and bring it back. I was then told by one of the bell boys that I could not take a trolley to my room as the hotel was not insured for guests to do this. As I stated I had taken one through when we arrived as no one offered assistance whatsoever.

I angrily returned to my room to collect the paperwork to prove that I had paid for the parking and took it to reception to prove that I had prepaid. With an apology I then went back to the room and had to wait for ages for a bell boy to assist me with my luggage.

Had I not queried this it would have been charged to my car on top of the fact that I had to tip twice to leave for the car valet and for the bell boy.

It took the shine off the stay, but as I said the rooms are nice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Muke
I apologize that this stay didnt match up to the high expectations from your last. I was definitely disappointed to hear that there were some hiccups with the staff, and have already discussed your review with them to help prevent future troubles. Hopefully your travels bring you back to New Orleans and we can give you the 5 star service that you have experienced before.
Arnold
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We wanted to stay somewhere close to New Orleans so we could see a little of the tourist sites before going on a cruise. This was conveniently located, just minutes from everything. The hotel was clean and comfortable with a great complimentary breakfast. The bed was very comfortable, the staff was friendly and helpful, and there was no parking fee. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
1 Thank Daina R
Thanks for the kind words! We really appreciate you sharing that you had a great stay! For the sake of transparency, I just wanted to point out that we do have valet parking at a fee that is pretty standard for the downtown area. Hopefully you get to come back and visit again soon!