Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter
Ranked #40 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Just returning home after a 3 day stay. Had a King suite with a window. Loved the hotel- very quant with NOLa flair. Loved my suite! Bed was very comfortable and suite was very spacious. I had my 15 yr old daughter with me and we both had out private spaces. She loved the sofa bed- was very comfortable. Service was exceptional- especially by Blake Lugo. Its also in great location. This will be my "go to place" my next trip.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Cajungyp
mlarose9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Thanks for sharing the feedback! I am glad your daughter enjoyed the sofa sleeper. We actually upgraded all of the mattresses and have a great memory foam system in place. I know that the phrase "sofa sleeper" scares a lot of travelers, but I am confident that they are a comfortable offering here!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,525)

Reviewed July 15, 2014

My wife and I spent two nights at the Country Inn & Suites. We really enjoyed our stay. The room was comfortable and the complimentary breakfast was great. It is located just a few blocks away from Canal Street, and is in a nice quiet location. The hotel is well priced. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ArdyT

Glad to know you had a great time visiting! We hope you get to come back and spend some more time with us again soon!

Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed here for three nights before we sailed on a cruise with our family. We had four rooms and they were all really nice. I was worried about having no windows that open but it wasn't a problem at all. Very clean and had a great breakfast. They were more than accommodating. They even let us store our luggage after we got back from the cruise for the whole day before our flight departed. Everyone was very helpful and the concierge, Eddie Conrad, was extremely helpful and nice. He booked three excursions for us, the Swamp tour, the Riverboat and a city tour, and they were all excellent. We also went to the WWII museum which was very interesting especially if you like history. The hotel was easy walking distance to many things and was glad it was right on the outskirts of the French Quarter as it was very quite in the evenings. Loved the bar and the relaxed lobby atmosphere. Definitely would stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms either had a courtyard view (window inside the building) or an outside view (close to anot...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
mlarose9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

We love reading about such great stays! New Orleans is the best Port of Call around for a cruise trip, and we are glad you spent your time in the city with us. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

We were very pleased with the hotel staff's friendliness and willing to make our stay a pleasant one. The rooms were decent sized and very clean. The valet parking was a must, given the area, and reasonable. The hotel was well within walking distance to several restaurants and for shopping. We will definitely stay here again when we return to New Orleans.

• Stayed: July 2014

Glad to know you had a good time in New Orleans. We hope your travels bring you back to the city again soon!

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Booked this trip for my very best friend and her daughters along with me and my two daughters. We wanted a true New Orleans experience. And we were pleasantly surprised. The building are wonderfully restored. Rooms had great exposed brick walls, and high ceilings. Staff was excellent. Location was perfect. We will be back.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

We look forward to your return! We are really happy to hear you had such a great New Orleans trip. We definitely do our best to create unique and authentic experiences in the city! Thanks for taking the time to share.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Stayed there last week and had excellent experience with the valet and hotel staff. Since it is offsite valet parking, they tell you to call ahead 15 minutes for your car. However, when JAMAL was there - that time was cut in half, he remembered my name, my valet number, and the car from the very first time. Each time he greeted me by name and asked if there was anything I needed. He is a genuine asset to this hotel! The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful as I was not there as your typical tourist but for business. As a Road Warrior, I take a 5 star review seriously - I have stayed at the Astor on Bourbon/Canal and the Sheraton- the valet and front desk staff here are more friendly and attentive.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
mlarose9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Thanks for sharing - I will be sure to share with the whole team and give the valet staff a pat on the back! We really love hearing that we are among the finest experiences you have had, as a frequent traveler! Hopefully we get to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I had never been to New Orleans before, so I did a LOT of research on where we should stay. I ended up finding a great package deal on AA.com, so we decided to go for it. We were so impressed when we arrived! We were close enough to the hustle and bustle of the french quarter than we could walk anywhere we wanted to go. At the same time, we were far enough removed that we were able to get a great night's sleep and not hear any outside noise.

Although we were given one of the tiny rooms, it ended up being just fine as we weren't in the room that much anyway. The entire hotel was spotless and all of the staff were so kind and welcoming.

Although I'm including a picture of our view, it's more for comical reasons than as a complaint. We didn't come to NOLA for the room view, we just got a kick out of it :)

All in all, we would definitely return to the Country Inn & Suites on our next visit and would recommend it to anyone visiting New Orleans.

Room Tip: If room size is important, make sure you do not book the standard king room; they are about half the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thanks for sharing! We appreciate knowing that we could be a part of a great New Orleans experience for you. I agree that the location really is the best of both worlds - everything steps away, but a quiet home base for a relaxing vacation. We hope your travels bring you back to New Orleans again soon!