I'm going to start with the OK, the hotel is historical. I hope in the future they replace some of their lovely huge windows as they let in the cold (rare cold snap while we were there) and noise. We had the dreaded room 201 (according to another review- which is an upgrade!) and it suited our needs while being a little bit small for three adults. We didn't hear too much noise from Magazine street and only a little from the stairwell. The breakfast was more than adequate, although with the colder weather seating was limited and we barely got a seat or stood until something became available, some takeout containers or trays would greatly relieve the breakfast area, I would have gladly taken breakfast to our room had any been provided. That said, you will see I gave them 5 out of 5, TA doesn't have a 4.5, which is how I would rate them overall given the rooms.
The 5 is because the staff at this hotel are simply the best that I have had the pleasure to be around, many hotels could learn from their service and attitude. Each and every person was pleasant and you felt like they appreciated your business and would go out of their way to make your stay amazing.
And we had an airline problem which involved a surprise extra night's stay in NO, the hotel was helpful and accommodating when we needed them and it was very much appreciated.
Location is great and an easy walk to WWII Museum, Harrah's, the Aquarium and the French Quarter, which was on our to-do list for the trip. We will definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its home-like decor and plentiful amenities, the Country Inn & Suites, New Orleans French Quarter offers comfort and convenience in the heart of downtown New Orleans. Our historic hotel is comprised of seven 19th century buildings, giving it a charming, boutique feel that artfully blends old world charm with modern comforts. Our prime location on Magazine Street near the French Quarter places our guests close to many nearby New Orleans activities and attractions, including Bourbon Street and the Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Country Inn And Suites New Orleans
- Country Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Country Inn