We stayed there 3 nights in early November. From the moment we pulled up to the valet in a pouring rain to our departure, we were impressed with the quality and service-oriented attitude of employees tending each step of the way.
We may have had one of the smaller King rooms but it was perfectly adequate, lacking nothing. It was clean, fresh, well tended, and wonderfully Quiet with a comfortable bed and ample pillows.
The Breakfast Room is a very busy place and, again, well tended and replenished. It's a tight squeeze in there so enjoy breakfast at all the little tables in the vaulted ceiling area adjacent. Tip: Get your coffee at the "bar" in this same area - not in the breakfast room.
Personal rant: Our only complaint was in the way s-o-m-e hotel guests [of all ages] come down to breakfast ... Come on, People! It's not your home - you're in public. Being a slob is not cute: Comb your hair and get out of your pajamas ;-)
However, I've seen this same thing in some fine hotels across America. Uhhhhh
We'd lived in NOLa before and consider this a very safe location for tourist walking in daytime and, with reasonable care you would use anywhere else, at night.
Less than 1/2 block west is the fabulous BonTon Restaurant - more frequented by local regulars than being the latest whizbang creation ... business casual and Superb food. Across the street is the Chophouse - wait til you catch the smell of the food floating across the street!
The hotel is not a far walk to other newer popular restaurants as well.
We attended a wedding at the New Orleans Board of Trade directly across the street - how can you beat this location? After standing around in 4" heels and then dancing, a nearby hotel is perrrrfect!
We were very pleased with this hotel in every way and would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Currently closed for renovation and expansion; due to reopen in late 2017. With its home-like decor and plentiful amenities, the Country Inn & Suites, New Orleans French Quarter offers comfort and convenience in the heart of downtown New Orleans. Our historic hotel is comprised of seven 19th century buildings, giving it a charming, boutique feel that artfully blends old world charm with modern comforts. Our prime location on Magazine Street near the French Quarter places our guests close to many nearby New Orleans activities and attractions, including Bourbon Street and the Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Country Inn And Suites New Orleans
- Country Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Country Inn