“Six years later...still knocked my socks off!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter
Ranked #42 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stayed at the CI & S New Orleans back in 2007 for the first time. We had a terrific stay. When we had just one night to spend in NOLA before a flight home, there was no question we'd stay here again. The facility is still in fantastic shape, customer service is still above average and the location is perfect. The room was comfortable and quiet other than a few loud conversations from a neighboring room in early evening. This is a fantastic option for anyone that wants to enjoy NOLA without being hostage to the revelry of Bourbon Street.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank iowaamy
mlarose9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Great to hear that you have now had two fantastic stays! Thanks for sharing your travel experiences with us! Hopefully we get to see you again, and this time even sooner than 6 years.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

When we drove up too the front door we were looking at one another with the look of……I don't think so!!! However it only took ONE night to see the value in this hotel. After checking in and getting to our room to unpack my wife said the room was to close to the elevator as she is a light sleeper. I said not to worry. She was up all night. In the morning I went to front desk to ask for a room change and told to come back after breakfast. At that time they upgraded me to a SUITE!! They apologized for inconvenience and did the upgrade at no charge. The hotel is an old warehouse reconstructed to a very impressive hotel. Front desk clerks very helpful, concierge service very helpful, secure parking with valet and breakfast was more than adequate and service staff VERY helpful and caring. Overall a good place to stay. I would go back!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ken821

Glad to hear everything worked out so great with your stay! We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and hope you get to start planning that trip back to New Orleans again soon!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Each year I bring my students to the WWII Museum in New Orleans. We also visit several other notable sites in New Orleans. We always stay at Country Inn and Suites on Magazine. They are centrally located and therefore are within walking distance of all of our sites. The staff is always very accommodating and the free breakfast is awesome! The rooms are so comfortable and perfect for a big group.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
mlarose9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Great to hear you keep having fantastic experiences. Hopefully you get to bring your students back to New Orleans again soon! I know a lot of people do not associate the city as child friendly, but there are SO MANY great child friendly activities within walking distance of the hotel.

Thanks for taking the time to share!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

It's an old building with a funky layout. I had room 410 for a six night stay, which consisted of a sitting room with a window that overlooked a terraced walkway (think Motel 6) but the bedroom had no window at all. I almost balked at staying there. Glad I didn't. This is perhaps one of the best stays I've EVER had at a hotel. Although my window looked out on the walkway which overlooks an open atrium to the first floor I rarely heard any noise. I thought I would feel claustrophobic in the windowless bedroom but instead I felt like I was sleeping in a cocoon. It was complete silence and fresh air circulated through the air conditioner. I had six nights of heavenly sleep. The bathroom is nicely appointed with excellent water pressure and a bathtub that quickly drains the water. There are two LG flat screen TV's with top tier channels that more sophisticated hotels do not offer. And the best thing of all is their FREE Wi-Fi connection is FANTASTIC. It's super fast. Watch a movie on Netflix, surf Youtube, check email ALL AT THE SAME TIME and never loose connection or slows down. I was blown away with the Wi-Fi. I was there on business and was actually able to get work done.

Can I stop raving now? No way! The employees were fantastic. Sabrina Dabney, the Front Office Manager and the rest of the staff, including the Bellhops were extremely friendly, helpful, and went out of their way to make accommodations.

Some drawbacks (if you can call them that) was the free breakfast is not impressive or tasty. But being in New Orleans who wants to eat free hotel breakfast when there is the amazing Ruby Slipper Cafe restaurant across the street.

Another minor issue was some problems with cleanliness which I addressed to management but nothing that should deter you from staying at this superior hotel.

After my stay here I moved to the Sheraton around the corner on Canal street for the rest of my stay in New Orleans and it cannot begin to compare to the Country Inn.

If you are looking for glitz and shiny things that go bling-bling then stay at one of the more expensive hotels in the area. But if you are looking for a top notch stay then this is your place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor. It's quieter.
2  Thank staylor21
mlarose9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Glad to hear you were impressed! While some initially have hesitations about the handful of rooms that overlook the atrium - we often hear similar feedback about it being such a great night sleep. We really try to think of everything and I am glad to hear it all worked out great for you - from the employees going the extra mile to the wi-fi exceeding expectations.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! Hopefully you get to come back and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel is in an excellent location. We walked EVERYWHERE, but were far enough away from Bourbon Street to not hear the noise or smell the smells. Entire staff was pleasant, helpful & went out of their ways to assist us. If they overheard us talking about going somewhere, they would stop us & give us explicit directions. Cookies were out 24/7, literally. Room was a little small, but very clean & contained everything we needed. Absolutely would stay here next time I go to NOLA.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
mlarose9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

We love seeing all the positive reviews, and really enjoy hearing that we have met or exceeded the high standards that they are setting. Providing a great New Orleans experience for all our guests is our number 1 priority. Hopefully that next trip ends up being soon!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have traveled to New Orleans several times throughout the years and have yet to stay in a hotel which I thought I would return to. Until now. I stayed at the Country Inn and Suites while I was in town for a wedding and absolutely loved my stay! Breakfast is included which is probably why the room rate is about $10 more expensive than surrounding hotels, but it's totally worth it considering that breakfast out at a restaurant for 2 will be over $30/day. The rooms were spacious and clean. The hotel is located within walking distance of the Quarter in a safe area and there's a security guard at the door after dark ensuring that people are quiet when they come back late and that they do belong there (you need to show a room key). The hotel staff was courteous and professional and managed the logistics of our entire family's stay. Some people had to switch from a room to a suite towards the end of the week, and the staff moved all our luggage while we were sight-seeing. Most other hotels would have you stash it behind the front desk. I'm relieved that I'll never have to agonize over which hotel to stay in when visiting New Orleans!

Room Tip: If you have more than 2 adults staying in the room, I suggest a suite. There is a pullout couch with...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Great to hear the weekend went well and we will hopefully be seeing you again soon! We know how important time with your friends and family is, and definitely want to go the extra mile to make sure you get the most of it when you are visiting. Thanks for taking the time to share the review!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

The place is lovely being a skilfully transformed factory. Staff is very kind and helpful. The rooms are large and well equipped with en-suite bathroom (tub) and fast wifi for free.
The breakfast is nice and you can get all the food you wish, hot or cold, including items I would eat for lunch or dinner.
The location is just away from the French quarter and the more busy districts. However the interesting bits from New Orleans are just a few steps away.
Good running is available on the Magazine street and the St-Charles avenue. Try also the Elysean fields or just get lost in the French quarter with your jogging.
TIP: If you wish to modify a multi-day booking, do it at the hotel for free, instead of spending 25$ with booking.com

1  Thank raobert