“I will stay here every time I visit New Orleans!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter
Ranked #37 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Denver, Colorado
“I will stay here every time I visit New Orleans!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have traveled to New Orleans several times throughout the years and have yet to stay in a hotel which I thought I would return to. Until now. I stayed at the Country Inn and Suites while I was in town for a wedding and absolutely loved my stay! Breakfast is included which is probably why the room rate is about $10 more expensive than surrounding hotels, but it's totally worth it considering that breakfast out at a restaurant for 2 will be over $30/day. The rooms were spacious and clean. The hotel is located within walking distance of the Quarter in a safe area and there's a security guard at the door after dark ensuring that people are quiet when they come back late and that they do belong there (you need to show a room key). The hotel staff was courteous and professional and managed the logistics of our entire family's stay. Some people had to switch from a room to a suite towards the end of the week, and the staff moved all our luggage while we were sight-seeing. Most other hotels would have you stash it behind the front desk. I'm relieved that I'll never have to agonize over which hotel to stay in when visiting New Orleans!

Room Tip: If you have more than 2 adults staying in the room, I suggest a suite. There is a pullout couch with...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mlarose9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Great to hear the weekend went well and we will hopefully be seeing you again soon! We know how important time with your friends and family is, and definitely want to go the extra mile to make sure you get the most of it when you are visiting. Thanks for taking the time to share the review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (636)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Namur, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

The place is lovely being a skilfully transformed factory. Staff is very kind and helpful. The rooms are large and well equipped with en-suite bathroom (tub) and fast wifi for free.
The breakfast is nice and you can get all the food you wish, hot or cold, including items I would eat for lunch or dinner.
The location is just away from the French quarter and the more busy districts. However the interesting bits from New Orleans are just a few steps away.
Good running is available on the Magazine street and the St-Charles avenue. Try also the Elysean fields or just get lost in the French quarter with your jogging.
TIP: If you wish to modify a multi-day booking, do it at the hotel for free, instead of spending 25$ with booking.com

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank raobert
LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Its easy to see why this hotel has gotten such high ratings. A small "boutique" hotel just a few blocks from the busy french quarter this hotel is worth every penny and is a bargain at that. Accomodations and staff were excellent. Small room with huge and most comfortable bed. Excellent free breakfast daily and the best cookies ever always available in the lobby. Small exercise room but was empty whenever I went at around 4pm. Heather and Rochelle at the front desk were most accomdatiing and friendly to every request. You can't beat the two ladies at the Concierge desk, they knew everything there was to know. Would return here in a heartbeat!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank MARKRUN100
mlarose9, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Great to hear you had a perfect stay. We really appreciate you taking the time to share on Trip Advisor! Hopefully you get to make that return trip again soon!
Clinton Township, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband and I chose this hotel for an annual reunion of guys (and their wives) who were in the military together back in the late 60's. It was a challenge to find a hotel that was in a good location and that offered a reasonable rate over the weekend. All the other hotels that I checked increased their rates dramatically for the weekend....this one did not. I felt responsible to find a hotel that was within everyone's budget and that they would be happy with. Well, I am glad to say that everyone was very pleased with this hotel. The word "Value" kept coming up. Nine couples stayed for three or four nights and my husband and I stayed six nights.

I can say without hesitation that every staff member was extremely friendly and accommodating. I don't remember "everyone" being so ready and eager to assist at other hotels we've stayed at. Regardless of who was at the front desk, we were assisted immediately with a smile. I dealt mostly with one concierge...that was Valerie. She is very efficient, patient and she does not seem to have her own agenda. She explained all options and let us decide what worked best for us (tours, shopping, etc.)

This is a "what-you-see-is-what-you-get" type hotel. When I set up the block of rooms with the sales office, the way Jonathon described everything and the way our agreement was explained was exactly as it was. No surprises. The description and photos shown on the hotel's website accurately depict the hotel. The location is great.....2 1/2 blocks from Canal street which is the border of the French Quarter. It is quiet in this location yet very close to all the action. The river, Harrah's and other sites are all within a short walk. We had no need for a car or even a taxi during our stay (except for the trips to and from the airport).

Taking into consideration the rates at this hotel, the value is great.....

The breakfast served each morning is quite good....a variety of food ...both cold and hot. The staff tending to the breakfast area do a good job .... only once when there had just been a big rush at the buffet did we have to wait a few minutes for a new tray of eggs to be brought out.

The lounge area and lobby area are very nice and comfortable...clean and neat at all times. The lounge was great for conversation and drinks during happy hour. Several snack type foods are also available....very convenient.

Our room was what I would call "very nice". This is not a luxury hotel so the room was as expected.....clean, nicely furnished and decorated ... even spacious...with a microwave and a mini fridge.

Bottom line, this hotel accommodated our every need. One evening, we were trying to decide on a place for the group to meet (24 of us) to vote on our destination for next year's reunion. We had not arranged to rent a meeting room because we only required 30-40 minutes. Lynn was kind enough to offer us the use of a small meeting room that was available at no charge. That saved the day for us. Another point....there were three couples who did not stay at this hotel (rented a house). The morning we were all to say our good-byes, my husband inquired at the front desk if these three couples could join us for breakfast and he was told an emphatic yes. I wonder if other hotels would allow that?

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and were given room 138. It is on the ground level at the very back of th...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lifeisgood4626
Glad to hear you had a fantastic stay! I know everyone from sales to the front office, and all the behind the scenes staff genuinely try hard to create great guest experiences. We think it is VERY important to give a fair depiction of our hotel in our descriptions, and thank you for contributing to that for guests trying to decide where to stay.

Hopefully you get to return and stay with us again soon!
Vasteras, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with two friends, for 4 nights around Independence day. The service and especially the staff in the reception was outstanding. The room was of smaller size being American standard but it was clean and tidy. There's a complimentary breakfast which is good compared to the standard of many American hotel breakfasts. But be aware that you have to be at the breakfast area quite early to have a nice and quiet morning meal due to that it tends to be crowded. All in all this was a very good hotel situated in a good location with walking distance to most of the things you would like to experience in New Orleans as a tourist. I would gladly stay here again if I return to New Orleans.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

It is one of the best hotels I have stayed at! Extremely good location for French Quarter and Riverfront Park. Only a block from New Orleans Tram. An exceptional service, and friendly stuff. We had a nice Mini Suite, while I was reading book in the bedroom, my husband could watch some T.V in entrance room. I loved the unique decor of the lobby, with exposes beams. The exercise room was nice, with a view to the pool and garden. The breakfast was a great way to start the day. The only downfall was the breakfast room, which was a bit small and crowded.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sharon_zz
Rancho Mirage, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Arrived 7pm for fully paid months in advance reservation to not have room type available. Requested king SOLD OUT. Desk clerk had no idea what to say. Requested quiet room--first morning 4am garbage collection in alleyway off room, second day some sort of drilling at 6am. Breakfast room swamped with people, no yogurt containers, just bowl of one yogurt. Sanitation? Food always running out. Coffee passable, many are not. Convenient, AC worked excellently, maintained well.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family