“It doesn't get any better than the Country Inn & Suites New Orleans”

The Eliza Jane New Orleans - in the Unbound Collection by Hyatt
Ranked #39 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed October 25, 2013

It is one of the best hotels I have stayed at! Extremely good location for French Quarter and Riverfront Park. Only a block from New Orleans Tram. An exceptional service, and friendly stuff. We had a nice Mini Suite, while I was reading book in the bedroom, my husband could watch some T.V in entrance room. I loved the unique decor of the lobby, with exposes beams. The exercise room was nice, with a view to the pool and garden. The breakfast was a great way to start the day. The only downfall was the breakfast room, which was a bit small and crowded.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sharon_zz
Write a ReviewReviews (3,525)

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Arrived 7pm for fully paid months in advance reservation to not have room type available. Requested king SOLD OUT. Desk clerk had no idea what to say. Requested quiet room--first morning 4am garbage collection in alleyway off room, second day some sort of drilling at 6am. Breakfast room swamped with people, no yogurt containers, just bowl of one yogurt. Sanitation? Food always running out. Coffee passable, many are not. Convenient, AC worked excellently, maintained well.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This hotel has separate parts that can only be accessed by Elevators 1, 2, and 3. It is quite confusing which elevator services which rooms. Also, the elevators are so small that the valet luggage cart barely fits and is quite difficult to get out of the elevator because of lack of space and because the elevator opens one direction to go up and the other direction to get off. There is very little room to "park" a car to check-in and out. It costs $28.00 per night to park. The room was very large but in dire need of painting.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the lower levels to avoid the elevator nightmare that services the 4R floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank dpjp88
mlarose9, General Manager at The Eliza Jane New Orleans - in the Unbound Collection by Hyatt, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

I apologize for any inconvenience with the elevator. With historic buildings, there is one section that would, without the extra elevator, require a short staircase to reach. We definitely try to make it as convenient as possible and have the elevator stop on both the top or bottom side of the stairs so if anyone has accessibility issues, or lots of baggage they do not have to deal with any steps at all. I know its a little bit out of the ordinary, but hopefully it made sense and ran smoothly as your stay progressed. If not, we would appreciate hearing more from you and maybe you could let us know if there is anything we could do to better explain it. We would hate for something added for convenience to be inconvenient!

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback - we really appreciate the review!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband and I have been going to New Orleans for many years. We have found a place that is in the perfect location, excellent staff and quiet!! We were on the third floor-never heard any of our neighbors or street noise!! Easy walking distance to quarter BUT not in the quarter plus very easy to get public transportation to other areas of New Orleans. Great restaurants, again within walking distance.
I recommend this hotel with no reservations and will most certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors and away from elevators.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Came here for 4 nights and was pleasantly surprised on how close it is to everything (french quarter, canal st, bourbon st) without being right in the centre, the hotel lobby was stunning - exposed beams, large comfy chairs (looked a bit like a turn of the century palour room - really lovely! Check in was fast. There was free fresh baked cookies on the desk that you just helped yourself to every time you passed!!! Fantastic idea!! Our room was cosy and beds very comfy. Slight gripe was noise travels from the lobby up (it's like a mezzanine up to the roof - very striking and beautiful but a touch annoying when people are sitting having either a late night drink or early brekky!!!)
Every single person I encountered was friendly and willing to help, the brekky staff excellent. The complimentary brekky was good - perhaps rather than a fruit salad with pretty much melon (which I personally hate) maybe some whole pieces - ie a banana or apple? I ended up buying my own banana and having with the yoghurt and granola (yummy) tea and coffee were available all day - another little perk!!
My only real annoyance was I pre booked a taxi for the airport ride with the guys out the front, it either never arrived or it was given to a family that were outside just before us, and the guy didn't have the booking sheet??!! so we had to wait for another one - which although didn't take too long was annoying and a bit stressful for me (I'm a worrier when I need to be places at a certain time) ...
Otherwise a great stay - concierge Dennis and batman John great guys!!! Will recommend this place and if ever back this way would stay again!!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Three blocks from Bourbon St two Blocks from Mothers,trams a block away? what more do you need? excellent hotel rooms clean, staff helpful and imfomative.had a great stay and wouls stay there again,loved New Orleans and the Southern Mospitality,this hotel showed all this and more

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
mlarose9, General Manager at The Eliza Jane New Orleans - in the Unbound Collection by Hyatt, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Awesome - Thanks for the great review. We really appreciate the feedback. I see it was quite a long trip, but hopefully you get to return again soon!

Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stay here for a weekend getaway from Baton Rouge, la the hotel was nice staff was great the only bad thing was the room smelled like smoke and a refrigerator was dirty but beside that our stay was great I would recommend Country Inn to all my friends and my family

Stayed: October 2013