I have been to New Orleans many times both for pleasure and for numerous professional conferences over the years. This time my daughter had a conference and my husband and I went along to babysit for our grandson. My daughter picked this hotel as they are reasonably priced, just a few blocks from Canal St where her conference was held and offer a two room suite for just $30 a night more than a regular room and they offer a free breakfast. She, her husband and our grandson had a suite, we took a regular room with a king size bed down the hall. The suite had a nice size living room and she commented that they had a real crib for the room, not the playpen that some hotels provide. Our rooms were comfortable and very clean and both her suite and our standard hotel room had a refrigerator and a microwave. I opened the refrigerator expecting the usual one filled with things you had to pay for like so many hotel chains, but it was empty and ready for us to fill. The breakfasts were wonderful, with eggs, waffles, fruit salad, oatmeal, yogurt and applies and oranges. They offered tea bags and packages of cocoa for those who did not want coffee, milk or juice. The staff continuously refreshed the food. There were a lot of children staying there (the suites are a blessing for parents) but they were well behaved at breakfast because you walked in and got your food, no waiting.
The staff were very friendly and they seemed to be happy in their jobs. They cheerfully greet you, They keep fresh baked cookies at the front desk at all hours They have a bookcase of novels that the guests can borrow. When we would return from our excursions (walking distance to the aquarium and the insectorium and the children's museum and the mall, we felt like we were coming home. Next time I have a conference in New Orleans, my business partner and I will stay here,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Currently closed for renovation and expansion; due to reopen in late 2017. With its home-like decor and plentiful amenities, the Country Inn & Suites, New Orleans French Quarter offers comfort and convenience in the heart of downtown New Orleans. Our historic hotel is comprised of seven 19th century buildings, giving it a charming, boutique feel that artfully blends old world charm with modern comforts. Our prime location on Magazine Street near the French Quarter places our guests close to many nearby New Orleans activities and attractions, including Bourbon Street and the Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Country Inn And Suites New Orleans
- Country Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Country Inn