“Staff made my stay great!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter
Ranked #43 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Brandon, Mississippi, United States
“Staff made my stay great!”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Frequent New Orleans visitor; first time staying here: Being that this is a historic building, and near the French Quarter, I didn't expect a "traditional" Country Inn room. I could critique some things, but I won't... because your staff made a HUGE positive impression on me and my family! I really can't understate how courteous the staff was at this hotel. From the helpfulness of the valet (which I believe is a contract company), to the night desk clerk and breakfast attendant who both always greeted us when we passed through the lobby. (And just a note about breakfast: The fact that you can eat a good, free breakfast here offsets the cost of valet parking, which is something a lot of other hotels in this area can't say.) But the shining star was Brian, the houseman/maintenance person. I had a problem with cut in my computer cord, and asked for some electrical tape to patch it until I got home. It was an odd request, and I didn't even really think anyone would come up with a piece of electrical tape at 9 o'clock. But Brian came up, took a look at my computer and said "I can fix that." And he did. He didn't have to do that, and I didn't expect him to. But he did. And now I don't have to buy a new cord. Brian went above and beyond the call of duty, and really made me feel like he was doing it because he took pride in his work and wanted to help me as a guest of your hotel. Because of my experience here with your staff, I will recommend this hotel to friends and co-workers, because, when traveling to the French Quarter area with your family, one of the biggest concerns is safety, and I can assure anyone traveling to the French Quarter that the staff actually cares about you here. Great job, guys!!!

Room Tip: Take advantage of the free breakfast to offset the cost of valet, which is well worth the $$ when st...
1 Thank R0ssi_Family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (644)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Located a few blocks off the French Quarter, but very close to the trolley. Easy to hop on the trolley, and get to the French Market and Cafe Du Monde. This hotel provided a great concierge service, friendly staff. The hotel featured several buildings re-purposed into a charming place. Room was spacious and beds comfortable. Room had a mini fridge, which was nice to keep cold drinks. Valet parking available so didn't have to try and park on the street. Breakfast varied daily, which was nice to have choices.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The rooms were very spacious and the beds very comfortable. There was ample room for the 5 of us . The location was excellent with a short walk to lot of the sites .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank RON J
Apple Valley
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This was our second stay at this hotel and again, they exceeded expectations. The room was clean and spacious, yet still had the charm of the original old building. Rooms have mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker. A really decent breakfast is served each morning, and coffee / tea is available 24/7. The location is a short walk one direction to Bourbon Street, the other direction gets you to the Riverwalk, and another direction to the Superdome. You are less than 1 mile to all the major sights and restaurants in town.

Room Tip: Ask about suite upgrades. If you have laundry, the laundry room is located on floor 3.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Susieqa
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed November 8, 2012

The valet drivers (Josh & Noah) were polite and prompt at all times. The concierges were very kind and informative the entire weekend. The front desk handled every request we had with a smile and were more than helpful. Jonathan in the sales office managed our reservations (18 of them in total). He made sure we had everything we needed when we arrived and even checked on our satisfaction with the hotel and the city after we had left. We will certainly be staying at this hotel when we return to NOLA.

Room Tip: A suite overlooking Magazine Street (south side) have great views and quiet at the same time.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My husband, 10 month old daughter and I just returned from our visit to this hotel in NOLA. I chose it mainly based on the wonderful reviews on tripadvisor, plus its one of the very few hotels who will promptly answered my emails!
Great valet service, wonderful and sweet front desk staff and information desk. Big nice rooms, clean, free WIFI and a good breakfast with even coffee, snacks and fruit to go! Great location too!
I was a bit sad to leave this hotel and its friendly staff after four days.

2 Thank Stinsa
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We (me and my husband, and also my colleague) stayed in the Country Inn and Suites, French Quarter, New Orleans, during the Halloween week (Oct 27th-Nov 4th). We were there on holiday (few days) but also for work (a conference). The hotel was the ideal place to stay: a wonderful historical building, large rooms, free (and fast!) wifi connection everywhere, far enough from Decatur, Bourbon Street, Frenchmen Street, etc... if we wanted to hit bed early, but close enough if we wanted some action. The Country Inn and Suites was also very close to our conference location (Warehouse District), very close to public transport (bus stops) if we wanted to visit the Garden District, the park, the zoo, etc... All staff members were really kind, and it really felt like home staying there. As Europeans, we especially adored the wonderful breakfast buffet!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business