Frequent New Orleans visitor; first time staying here: Being that this is a historic building, and near the French Quarter, I didn't expect a "traditional" Country Inn room. I could critique some things, but I won't... because your staff made a HUGE positive impression on me and my family! I really can't understate how courteous the staff was at this hotel. From the helpfulness of the valet (which I believe is a contract company), to the night desk clerk and breakfast attendant who both always greeted us when we passed through the lobby. (And just a note about breakfast: The fact that you can eat a good, free breakfast here offsets the cost of valet parking, which is something a lot of other hotels in this area can't say.) But the shining star was Brian, the houseman/maintenance person. I had a problem with cut in my computer cord, and asked for some electrical tape to patch it until I got home. It was an odd request, and I didn't even really think anyone would come up with a piece of electrical tape at 9 o'clock. But Brian came up, took a look at my computer and said "I can fix that." And he did. He didn't have to do that, and I didn't expect him to. But he did. And now I don't have to buy a new cord. Brian went above and beyond the call of duty, and really made me feel like he was doing it because he took pride in his work and wanted to help me as a guest of your hotel. Because of my experience here with your staff, I will recommend this hotel to friends and co-workers, because, when traveling to the French Quarter area with your family, one of the biggest concerns is safety, and I can assure anyone traveling to the French Quarter that the staff actually cares about you here. Great job, guys!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Currently closed for renovation and expansion; due to reopen in late 2017. With its home-like decor and plentiful amenities, the Country Inn & Suites, New Orleans French Quarter offers comfort and convenience in the heart of downtown New Orleans. Our historic hotel is comprised of seven 19th century buildings, giving it a charming, boutique feel that artfully blends old world charm with modern comforts. Our prime location on Magazine Street near the French Quarter places our guests close to many nearby New Orleans activities and attractions, including Bourbon Street and the Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Country Inn And Suites New Orleans
- Country Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Country Inn