I recently spent time in New Orleans and during my stay, was booked at 3 different hotels (2 mega-hotels for conferences and the Country Inn & Suites on my own). Of the three places I stayed, the Country Inn & Suites came off the best.
A short walk from the French Quarter-close enough to be handy but far enough away to be blissfully quiet, even in a streetside room. I arrived early (just after noon) and the very accomodating staff put me in a room right away. And not just any room, an upgrade with a view of the 1880's vintage Exchange Building with its outside courtyard and fountain. The room overlooked Magazine Street but noise was not a problem for this person who does NOT reside in a city and is therefore not used to traffic noise.
The room was large, with high ceilings and huge windows that let in lots of light, but the blackout curtains blocked any light at night, for a peaceful sleep. The staff gives you a map to find your room, as the building is a bit convoluted, since it is several old warehouses strung together. The TV had more cable channels that I had at either of the mega-hotels I stayed at, and the cleanliness was evident everywhere. Breakfast buffet is above average for this type property and 100% more than I got at the mega-hotels, where there is a fee for everything. No fee for in room wifi here, that worked just fine.
It's less than 2 blocks to Canal Street and the edge of the French Quarter and the neighborhood felt very safe, even after dark. It's a couple of blocks from Harrah's-if you like that sort of thing, and about 4 blocks to the River. There is a small pool and lovely outside courtyard, which I didn't get to use due to the chilly weather. I'm sure it's very nice during the warmer months. Its a very interesting, convenient, clean and quiet place to stay and if they don't change, I would be happy to stay here again if I get the opportunity to return to New Orleans.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its home-like decor and plentiful amenities, the Country Inn & Suites, New Orleans French Quarter offers comfort and convenience in the heart of downtown New Orleans. Our historic hotel is comprised of seven 19th century buildings, giving it a charming, boutique feel that artfully blends old world charm with modern comforts. Our prime location on Magazine Street near the French Quarter places our guests close to many nearby New Orleans activities and attractions, including Bourbon Street and the Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Country Inn And Suites New Orleans
- Country Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Country Inn