“Service and comfort w/o an equal!”
Review of McMurphy's

McMurphy's
We can't find prices for this accommodation
McMurphy's
Ranked #90 of 142 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Broken Arrow, OK
Reviewed September 6, 2005

One cannot expect a more relaxing time and a hostess with a smile that serves each guest as if they were the only guest there. The bedroom was very comfortable, but you couldn't wait to get down to visit with Maggie...in the breakfast area, the dining room, the front porch...just wherever she happened to be. This lady has the gift of hospitality. A short visit that made a friend. The Morgans.

• Stayed: April 2004
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Bayside, New York
Reviewed September 6, 2005

I would highly recommend McMurphy's Bed & Breakfast. I went here on a week long trip with a good friend. As soon as you enter you can feel the warmth and hospitality all around you. Upon arrival, we were greeted with Maggie's delicious New Orleans style appetizers and some drinks too. She graciously and very knowledgably gave us advice on what attractions to visit while in town. Her recommendations were just perfect for us! Especially the restaurants, Maggie gave us some invaluable information she really knows what is good. Not to mention the fact that she is also an amazing cook - the best Eggs Benedict I have ever tasted!!!! And on the day we slept in a bit - we were delighted to find a fresh pot of coffee and glasses of juice right at our door. Talk about the royal treatment!! The rooms are very cozy and extremely clean. The whole family was so welcoming and even the doggy was adorable. We also got to spend some relaxing time on the porch and great conversation. I can tell you thanks to Maggie and her family it was truly a memorable experience. If I ever make it down to New Orleans again - there is only one place I'd stay and that is McMurphys!

• Stayed: February 2002
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Austin, TX
Reviewed September 6, 2005

I stayed at McMurphy's for several days in June. As a frequent B&B guest both in New Orleans and across the country, I can honestly say that Maggie and family provided the most outstanding B&B experience I've ever had. Maggie's knowledge of New Orleans and responsiveness to my business needs (wireless internet access, transportation to my conference hotel, etc.) were to be expected from any first-rate B&B host. But her gracious way of providing little touches (like a glass of cold water waiting just outside my door after I returned from a long walk, or a streetcar pass, or just the right amount of company during the wonderful gourmet breakfasts) set McMurphy's apart from other establishments. The ability to make strangers feel at home in your own home is truly a gift, and Maggie does this better than anyone I've ever seen. I sincerely hope I have the opportunity to return to McMurphy's many more times.

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2005

The absolute best! I cried when we had to leave. It was like a big hug! Maggie is the greatest.

Stayed: November 2004
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed September 6, 2005

From the minute we arrived at McMurphy's, we were treated like part of Maggie's family. This B&B is beautiful, has the most comfortable beds and the most delicious food. Every day was a treat to wake and up and smell the aroma from the kitchen. The hospitality we received from Maggie (& family) was overwhelming. After spending time in the French Quarter, we couldn't wait to get back and share our stories with Maggie at the kitchen table. The only bad part of the trip was having to say goodbye. This is a first class establishment and I highly recommend it!!

• Stayed: October 2003
New Hampshire
Reviewed September 6, 2005

We were greeted with a smile and great hospitality! Our time at McMurphy's was wonderful!! It was like staying at home with family and friends. We really felt right at home. Maggie was a great tour guide informing us of all of the great sites to visit while we were there and made sure we made it to them safely. Cannot ask for anything more. I wish all the bed and breakfasts were this good.

• Stayed: August 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 6, 2005

We greatly enjoyed being guests at McMurphy's and meeting our gracious hosts Maggie and Pat. We truly felt like good friends spending time on the porch tohether talking and savoring a good cocktail (or two...) and an array of snacks available at this beautiful home.

In the morning after a restful night in the sumptuous suite, we came down to the beautiful dining room and were seated to a gorgeously set table and a gourmet breakfast.

Our hosts also took us to several places in town and gave us great restaurant recommendations. We toasted to them even when they were not able to join us.

Looking forward to future visits with these lovely people.

• Stayed: May 2002