“Great pastries!”

Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
missouri city, tx
“Great pastries!”
Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

We walked over here as we were waiting for my husbands appointment at the Magazine Street Barber Shop. We shared some sort of round pastry filled with a hazelnut pastry cream. It was very good, not too sweet, and the staff was very friendly. Perfect place for an afternoon snack!

Los Angeles, California, United States
“I want that chocolate eclair!”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My favorite dessert is the French Chocolate eclair and very few venues offer this pastry as a standard. Welcome to the boulangerie, a French owned local on Magazine street where not only I have found my sweet weakness but also in coffee flavor too! I must have gone to heaven?!
The boulangerie has no pretense: it is not a classy joint or an upscale local. The place is about baguettes, pains au chocolat and croissants, coffees and other delices.
I am pleased to find la boulangerie to satisfy my cravings...

Visited June 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Awesome bakery”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I haven't had croissants this yummy since Paris. We went twice during our trip- and I could have eaten everything there. They also have one of the most unique King Cakes - a galette de Rois - modeled after the real French ones - not like the typical NOLA king cakes......you have to try one.

• Visited February 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Yum!”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

What a great find on Magazine Street! Delicious bread, good croissant and tasty morning pastries. I work in a bakery and love to visit bakeries while on vacation. This one is worthy of photos sent home! You will probably have to stand in line, but it's worth it. Don't forget to walk off the pastries with a trip up Magazine Street to visit all the local shop keepers.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank JulesfromIowa
Louisville, Kentucky
“Chocolate Eclairs”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Very good selection of fresh French pastries. Paninis were awesome too.