“Excellent Food with adequate service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Iris - CLOSED

Iris
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Aiken, South Carolina
“Excellent Food with adequate service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

Ate dinner here during French Quarter Fest. We were seated promptly even though we did not have reservations. The food was excellent. Our server, however, was somewhat slow in attending to us (and the restaurant was not slammed busy at the time). I expected more attentive service from a restaurant like this. However, the food was so good that I am willing to give Iris anothewr try when I am in NOLA again.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Edistotiger

california
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

This was a wonderful meal. This restaurant is truly a hidden gem. The meal, the service the ambiance was all just perfect. Unpretentious, casual, yet elegant, the coctails, food presentation, everything was what you should expect from an upscale dining experience. Could not have been better!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank funrun777
Rockwall, Texas
“Service Lacking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

My partner and I ate here last weekend and, overall, were very disappointed. The mostly empty restaurant on a Friday night raised some suspicion as soon as we walked in the door. The service was practically non-existent. For both our appetizer and main course settings, the serving position was incorrect. I mentioned this during the appetizer setting; one would think the same mistake would not have been made a second time. No one offered us a drink. When I asked if we may have a drink, the waitress actually looked surprised - please,? in New Orleans? Our first wine selection was unavailable, our second choice was never poured by our server; we must have looked far more adept. The food was well prepared, which was a good thing, considering no one ever asked us if we needed anything or if the food was to our satisfaction.
I brought all this to the nice manager's attention; he seemed genuinely surprised, as did one other rude diner who addressed me with the "F" word and called me the
'fat guy in the glasses." I'm not fat; he was twice my size and by far the most rude diner I've ever encountered in a restaurant. All things aside, the dessert was perfection. Return? Never.
New Orleans has hundreds of far better places to dine.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Drroady
New Orleans
“Lovely meal very nice restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

This was a lovely meal. Starting off with a great arugula salad, and then proceeding to a splendid and savory vegetable lasagna. And a gorgeous chocolate souffle for dessert. The service was pleasant and professional --- the ambiance was pleasant, and the restaurant was easy to get to. The owner or manager came over to greet us and the server was attentive. Food prices were good. The other entrees all received good comments from my guests and everyone seemed pleased. Good wine list also. I would happily go back to this nice place! We went for the early dinner seating and the restaurant was also very quiet away from the hustle and bustle of the French Quarter. Large parking lot right across the street.

• Visited June 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Dinner at Iris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Dinner at Iris is always fantastic. Eric is a great front of the house guy who really knows the food and pairs excellent coctails and wines. I definitely defer to him on his knowledge of the bar. The food is always amazing at Iris.

Visited February 2013