“Excellent service”

Add it.
Smilie's Restaurant
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Description: Closed due to damage sustained in Hurricane Katrina.
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I enjoyed the meal here. Excellent service, wonderful atmosphere, reasonable prices. If you are tired of eating at chain restaurants, this is the place.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Tried to go here for dinner last night. Parking lot was full, so figured we would have to wait - lots of people dressed up for a party. Went in and the man told us they were full up and couldn't help us. Was very rude about it. My husband is down here working with lots of other people, he will be sure to advise that no one go here. At the end of a busy work day, would like to be treated better even if you have a wait.

Reviewed December 22, 2010

I usually do not do reviews and this is really my first time writing a review. But, our experience here has been so horrible that I am motivated to share our negative experience. The food is just about average but overpriced. The server was rude and absolutely disgusting. Will never go again and would not recommend.

Details of our experience:

They seated us in a timely fashion. The food was nothing great but was overpriced.

The most disappointing part of our dining experience was the service. We have dined at the cheaper places as well as fine dining places but never in the past have received such horrible service. The server took our drink order and told us we would be served bread. It took an incredible amount of time for the bread to arrive. In about 15-20 minutes after she took our order a party of 4 was seated nearby our table. Our bread was served along with the party of 4 (at least 25-30 minutes after arrival). The server was basically ignoring us. OK, so we give her a break and say maybe she is busy. Then she takes our food order.

I order a catfish pecan dish. It comes with a salad and the server specifically asked me the type of dressing. Surprise, the salad was never served at our table but the main course arrived. Meanwhile, the party of 4 was served with their salads. The server did not come one single time to inquire how we were doing. When we asked for a check, I encountered the server with what happened. And I couldnt believe it there was not a utterance of sorry. Basically, she told me the crew was supposed to bring it but missed it and she can give me a box of salad. I have never seen such disrespect to customers.

For the kind of money we are paying, this is by far the most horrible dining experience we encountered. If you are not of a certain color I would not go to this restaurant.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed May 19, 2008

If you are not an old man you may not get service here. I was always unimpressed and the last time was my absolute final attempt at giving them my business. In my opinion (and i have family that will hate to hear me say this but) whatever they once had they have lost many moons ago.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 17, 2007

I love it! The food is delicious and Julio and Cesar are great to listen to! The Trout Meuniere is to die for, but I usually get the filet mignon and big luscious shrimp! MMMMMMMMMMmmmmm!! The bread pudding makes me swoon - *faints* - omg it's all so delicious and you can sit and watch the game in the other room if you so desire.