“Great informal Mediterranean and Lebanese cooking”

Mona's Cafe & Deli on Frenchman
Ranked #269 of 2,013 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Great spot on Frenchman for good wholesome eating. The stuffed grape leaves and the falafel are among my favorite items here. Good prices. The service is very relaxed, so adjust your expectations accordingly...this is an informal cafe. The deli section has a nice selection of items if you're looking for groceries.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I came here twice during my stay in NoLa at Mardi Gras. Try all of the appetizers and the Shwarma and Gyros.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I definitely love this place. The organic vegan food (but you can get chicken too) is simply wonderful. The portobello mushroom sandwich is to die for. This is the kind of friendly place that make you fall in love with the Big Easy. I will return this place to eat next time I visit New Orleans.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

If you like meditteranean food go here. They gave HUGE portions and the service was pretty bad. They however do a 20% gratuity which upped our ticket by $10. I was a server myself so I am definitely a fan of gratuity but I guess this server decided she was getting a percentage so why be attentive? Then when we said we wanted our change she walked off and threw our check at us and said nothing more. As far as the food, I got the shrimp and it was possibly the best shrimp I have ever had and the pita bread was delicious.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I love lamb so I usually come here often for their lamb plate. It comes with rice and salad but I prefer to have just Greek Salad with it. The plates are served with warm pita bread. I have had the lamb shank as well and it is so good. The prices are very reasonable and the servings are large.