“Great down to earth New Orleans experience”

Felix's Restaurant and Oyster Bar
Ranked #90 of 2,009 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My wife and 2 year old daughter ate here for dinner and loved it! The oysters are fantastic. We also had the fried shrimp po'boy which was great. There's nothing fancy about this place, just really good food. Place was lined up literally out the door on the weekend but we went during the week and had no trouble getting a table. Prices aren't bad considering the quality of the food and the location. Would highly recommend!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,339)

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Yup, back in February and my first stop is Felix's. Friendly, fun, and the oysters rock. Both raw and char broiled! And a little lagniappe to boot. Still love Felix's and I will be back in June as a first stop. It's great to have a habit!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We tried this place for a snack and a drink. We had the gator bites and a cup of soup - gumbo. It was very good. The drink called a "Honey bee" was great and refreshing while walking around the French quarter- get one to go, only in Nola ;-)

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We were THe first weekend of Feb. 2014 and ate here 2 nights in a row the food was so good! I always said I never liked oysters until I had the grilled oysters here. The fried crawfish and shrimp were delicious as well. Best drinks were the Long Island and Hurricane.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

My first visit to Felix's was in 1982. Back then, knocking off 6 dozen oysters was no big deal. Felix's was great then, and it was great in 2013. The service is always very friendly. We had succulent oysters both raw and fried. The oysters Rockefeller left a bit to be desired. They lacked the required Pernod, and the spinach was a bit watery. A main course of grilled Drum topped with étouffée was great. Would definitely return on my next trip.