“Ah! felix,s Again”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I fondly recall Felix,s from my Tulane days. Its as good as ever. Got seated immediately by v pleasant staff. Oyster po boy x o lint. My wifes shrimp "divine" in her words. Oysters Rock were fabulous. Great to be in NOLA agin.

1  Thank Hardy J

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I will never understand why people wait in line for the competing oyster bar across the street when Felix has it all.,Fresh oysters, raw of grilled or cooked, are all amazing! The staff are friendly and entertaining. Cold oysters on the half-shell, ice-cold beers, no wait. Perfection!

1  Thank lovestotravel013
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Wanted to try Oysters while in NOLA so we headed to Acme Oyster House...line all the way down the block so went to Felix. Simple place, not the tourist draw but the food was good and reasonable. I loved the chargrilled oysters. Also tried the deep fried breaded shrimp, oysters, catfish. Very good as well. Wish we would've tried raw oysters too.

1  Thank Mallory G
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I live on the West Coast and we get fantastic oysters here. The last time I was in New Orleans we had oysters at the "famous" place and I didn't like them. When I saw the oysters on the grill in the kitchen at Felix's I decided to try them.

Needless to say they were magnificent! The red beans and rice side we got with them were heavenly! I'm trying to duplicate the recipes for both of these items.

We actually came back another night and didn't have the oyster and

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Across the street from the famous acme oyster house with a line around the block. Was told they both get oysters from same place and Felix' s came highly recommended wit good reason. Sampled the raw and baked oysters. The baked were soooo good and the raw meaty and delicious. Also had the 1/2 poboy (crawfish) and jambalaya ... It's a wonder I can still zip up my pants after four days in NOLA .. And the food here was the best of many wonderful places.

1  Thank GeorgiBG